Chapter 29: The Birth of Moon Child.

Mexico 2014.

¬Peasnie¬

I mind was awoken by the pilot speaking over the intercom. My eyes opened and I found myself using Phil’s shoulder as a pillow. I sat up slightly, balling up the blanket that was draped over me.

“We’ll be landing in San José del Cabo within the next ten minutes so please fasten your seat belts, adjust your seats into the up right positions and put the trey tables up; thank you.”

The flight attendants made their rounds. Phil and I sat in coach, a couple rows away from my Uncle. I was lucky Phil and I got to sit next to each other. Most of the plane ride was me babbling on about how nervous I was. He tried reassuring me but I was just too nervous. Phil was still asleep and until the very moment we land it shall stay that way.

In the mean time I looked out my window to see the beautiful Gulf of California, sparkling away in the morning sun that was already heating up the cabin. And there were miles of desert beyond the City. I’ve never actually seen Mexico this close before. It’s really pretty and I’m proud to say a little part of it is apart of me.

 The day I met my Uncle for the first time, ever; he stayed a while longer and told me stories about Mexico. Apparently my mom was born in Mexico City but the entire family is from a small town on the Gulf of California called San José del Cabo. I planned Phil’s and mine’s plane tickets and we got a place to stay while we’re there. Apparently on top of the two and a half days worth of planes we have to take a five hour flight from Mexico City to Los Mochis and then from there a three and a half hour flight to San José del Cabo. So in total we’re travelling thirty two hours over so many time zones. Luckily I was able to get a direct flight from London Airport to San José del Cabo. I was extremely happy that instead of four plane rides, we’re taking one with one landing in New York.

Phil, J.J and I didn’t leave London until Friday afternoon and we arrived there Sunday morning after making one stop in New York City for fuel. I was so excited to meet my other family members. I mean I’ve never met anybody from Mexico that has the same DNA as me. I was happy we got a replacement for the both of us on Sunday since we’re spending a week here and we’re spending a total of four days travelling. We have twelve days off. Dan has his girlfriend Melissa, who works in the office with us to fill in. Dan was bummed he couldn’t come to Mexico with us but he was okay with us going, he said maybe a little time away will help us out with our relationship, he thinks we’re falling apart but we’re not. It hurts to know that Dan thinks we’re falling apart. Phil and I have known each other since Kindergarten and if anything we’re getting closer. I think Dan’s depressed that we’re growing up, all of us are growing up and the simpler times are a thing of the past. Yes it’s scary to grow up but you can’t stop time and stay at a certain age forever. We all grow up, weather we like it or not.

I guess my dad needs to realize that as well considering when I told him that I wasn’t going to be home for the next couple of days and he asked why and I told him about this trip he did his usual spaz attack and basically said I’d probably get addicted to cocaine, become a prostitute and be killed by some trucker. Thanks dad, I love the faith you have in me.

I couldn’t help but smile widely as we approached the airport, I know there will be some family there to greet us and take us back to the house. It’ll be the first time I meet my little cousins and aunts and uncles. I know my mom didn’t have sisters but my grandma did and they’re very eager to meet me and my soon-to-be-groom. When we landed, Phil jumped awake, scaring the crap out of me. Getting off the over heated, over crowded plane was a hassle but luckily we didn’t have any luggage on the plane. We both packed one duffle bag full of our clothes and necessities. I made sure we brought our bathing suits just in case. I made sure Phil packed lots of sun cream because he burns badly.