Chapter 18: Do or Die.

Hey readers! Sorry about the delay but I've been really ill lately and I'm just trying to get better before doing anything but I did manage to write this update so enjoy it. 

Chapter 18: Do or Die. 

 ¬Peasnie¬

2013

I quickly stepped out of the school center with my pack hanging off of one shoulder. I already had a fairly distanced walk to make so I switched from my platform Vans and into my black All Stars that had silver candy skulls on them. I wore a pair of black leggings under a pair of red checkered shorts, my Nightmare Before Christmas hoodie was zipped up all the way to cover up the Guns’N’Roses crop top I got in LA a couple of weeks ago. My blonde hair was tied up and out of my face; my hood was up so my face was shadowed.

I had my IPod in my hoodie pocket, already to play one of my favorite songs; Thirty Seconds to Mars; Do or Die. Usually after a long and mentally difficult day like today I’d listen to Bullet for My Valentine but there seemed to be no song of theirs to describe how I’m feeling right now. I could strongly feel myself begin to slide back into the heavy depression that’s been trailing behind me for years. I’m not really depressed but I am at the same time. Tomorrow is my eighteenth birthday and tomorrow I plan on telling my dad that when I graduate I’m not going to MIC or any other University or College and I’m not going to be living in California anymore. At the senior Christmas Ball Phil and I went and Phil asked me if I’d like to take up a career offer in London. I said I’d think about it, last night I said I’d go with him then tomorrow I’m going to tell everyone including my dad.

I guess that’s why I’m slipping back into depression, I don’t know how my dad will react and that’s always a scary thought because he is so unpredictable. He can react in anyway, he could either be happy for me, so sad that he locks himself in his room for days and cries or extremely angry and just stops talking to me all together. I just want him to be proud that I was offered this, I really love music and it’s not exactly following in his footsteps. But he could be upset that I’m not making music and I’m not following in his footsteps.

My thoughts turned to dust when I heard my name being called and a horn being honked. I looked up from the sunlit pavement and pulled my headphones around the back of my neck. Jason Berry was following me in his big red beater truck.

“Hey Peasnie, for Christ sake take your head phones off!” I heard Jason yell over to me frustrated.

“Hey Jay-Bee.” I smiled forcefully as we both stopped; I stepped closer to the crib so I was now leaning against the fairly old truck, poking my head in through the window. He smiled at me widely.

“You’re gonna go deaf if you keep your music that loud.” He commented jokingly. I grinned and cocked an eye brow at him.

“Whose daughter are you talking too?” I replied in a light toned voice. Jason chuckled and nodded.

“Yeah, very good point there. You win this round little girl.” He commented jokingly. I grinned widely and shrugged at him.

“I’ve learned from the best.” I complimented lively. Jason laughed and agreed completely with my statement. We shared a look before he leaned over the seat a little bit.

“Hey kiddo, want a lift home; I’m going that way anyways.” Jason offered kindly. I know my dad wouldn’t mind me catching a lift with Jason, I’ve known Jason and Matt my entire lives, they went to Huntington Beach High School with my dad and Uncles. They’ve been friends since before I was born.

I didn’t even reply to him, I just opened the door and got in. I dropped my bag between my feet and buckled myself in. Jason pulled away from the curb and began the fifteen minute journey home, yes I live like five minutes away when you drive but with traffic and shit, it adds ten minutes.