Chapter 70: The Lost Letter Ends a Chapter.

Dead & Gone Series from Dead & Gone to Paradise City: 4 books, 262 chapters, 1,296 pages, 640,000 words, 2 main characters, 531 days, 2,508 votes, 509 comments, 65,154 reads and countless fans this is it; the end of the road for Jimmy and Peasnie. No more books about their lives. This is the last chapter; no secrete chapters, no surprise updates. This. Is. It. I present to you, ladies and gentlemen; for the last time: PARADISE CITY.

Chapter 70: The Lost Letter Ends a Chapter.

¬Peasnie¬

3 years later. . .

Where the hell has the time gone? It’s been three years, already? Three years of going through hell to get back to normal. Bailey had the baby, it was a little girl; Johnny and Lindsay named her Abigail. Kier graduated from High School and moved out of our house, he’s living in L.A with his boyfriend and is attending art school. Alfie is in eighth grade now, she reminds me of Bailey in everyway. The twins are seven years old now and they’re doing lovely. River, Milo, Tammer and Trystan are causing mayhem at school which doesn’t surprise me. Look at who their fathers are. Phil is working from home when I’m away; he doesn’t really like to leave the kids in the care of someone else. Dan and Melissa got married about a year ago and they love their lives as parents. We moved from the condo into a house not too far away from the school. As soon as I saw that house for sale, I knew I had to buy it. Phil knew exactly why. It was the house we lived in when Kier was born. James and Nevaeh love it because there’s more space to run around and cause mayhem. Nevaeh is a very happy three years old and James is a very overactive four years old. They both love eating and making music. I’m still in the band playing the drums and I love it. Yes the kids miss me when I’m gone but I make sure I try and Skype call them whenever I can and if that means I Skype them while we’re getting everything set up then so be it. I don’t really care, just as long as I see them. Phil and I have talked about having more kids but I’m getting ready to leave for another tour so now isn’t the best time to do it. But we do want to have more in the future. I told him that we’re not having five or six, four is my limit.

My alarm rang loudly yanking me from the comfortable slumber. I worked last night after I had band practise. My God am I tired. I can barely keep my eyes open and here I am at six in the morning getting ready for James’ first day of School. I forced myself into the mattress beneath me before flinging my arm over to switch off the alarm. I didn’t want to get up mainly because today was the first day of School for James and I don’t want to see him grow up too fast. It’s not fair that my first baby is already going to school. I don’t want this. It’s like time is moving too fast. This is gonna be a wild year.

“Peasnie, it’s time to get up.” I heard Phil groan tiredly as he pushed himself from the bed to begin our dad. Last night we agreed that I’d get James ready while he gets Nevaeh ready. And that’s the plan we’re sticking to.

I forced my body to sit up; I dangled my legs over the edge of my bed where I stepped on a large mass. My eyes went from groggily looking around my dark room to being wide with surprise. I looked down at the floor to see James laying there looking up at me with his big round blue eyes. His hair was curly as it framed his tiny face. He gave me a toothy smile as I groaned loudly. He came into our room again last night. Why does he keep doing this? He doesn’t have nightmares or anything he just comes in here in the middle of the night and sleeps either on the bed or on the floor. He got up from the floor and stood in front of me in his Scooby-Doo PJs.

“James, you can’t keep sleeping in mommy and daddy’s room.” I told him tiredly as I pinched the bridge of my nose. James gave me a concerned expression as he stood there with his teddy bear in a head lock.

“Why?” He asked curiously. And here we go with the questions; he likes knowing things, lots of things. I smiled and picked him up off his feet and carried him to the room across the hall with a gentle smile. He clung onto me just as tight as he did when she was a baby which made me think that he still and always will think of me as his protector.