#20

Bea's To Do List #20: Take a moment to appreciate everything

"Hey Bea."

"Hey Dale, what's up?"

"I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you've done."

"Aw, that's so sweet."

"Are you ready for the show to end?"

"Not in the slightest."

"Come on, it'll be great. The show will be amazing and then you'll finally be able to sleep soundly."

"Sleeping soundly is overrated."

"Except when you don't sleep well and you come into rehearsal like a giant rage monster."

"Point taken. But I'd still rather act like a rage monster every once in a while instead of having to have this show end."

"Things have to end eventually."

"Yeah but so many things are ending! It's senior year and the show is ending... I don't like it."

"Hey, it'll be all right. Just appreciate what's going on in your life right now and worry about the other stuff later."

"But it's been one of our best shows. Does it have to end?"

"Yes."

"All right."

"Just enjoy it while it lasts, okay?"

"Okay, I'll try."

"Good."

[][][]

Sorry the update was late (yet again)! Like I said before, I've been working all week and even though I had my day off yesterday, I spent the whole day running errands. I finally got the update written tonight during the Tonys (the whole thing was just so amazing, I have no words) so I decided to post it even though half of you are sleeping right now (or should be, go to bed). This is more of a filler chapter but I hoped you guys liked it! Tech week is coming up for these kids so things will be getting interesting.

That being said, I have to tell you guys something: I'm getting jaw surgery tomorrow. It's a surgery that's been planned for more than a year and I've avoided mentioning it because a) it's not that big of a deal and b) you guys didn't need to know and c) it seemed so far away that it didn't seem mentionable. But since it's tomorrow and will be directly affecting my updates (because of my work schedule, which was so hectic because my boss and coworkers gave me extra shifts since I won't be able to work the rest of the summer after the surgery, I wasn't able to prewrite updates), I figured I'd tell you now (better late than never).

So here's what's going to happen: there will be no update Tuesday. There also might not be an update Saturday (depending on how I feel, I should be in good headspace by Wednesday). I'm hoping to at least get Tuesday's update up by Saturday but Saturday's planned update may not be up until Monday or so. After that, I'm hoping I'll be okay enough to continue writing (since I'm on bedrest for two weeks I have a lot of writing planned). But I can't tell you for sure because it all depends on how fast I begin to recover. I could be in a good headspace by Wednesday or it could take me until next week to really start to feel better (at least, feel better for the circumstances). 

So please plan to be patient and flexible, I would really appreciate it. And remember, if you're annoyed by this delay, remember that I can't eat solid food for 6 weeks! That will make you feel better.

There will also be a delay on JTH updates, since the update for today (the second to last update and the first half of the epilogue) hasn't been written yet. I'm hoping for the feeling slightly okay by Wednesday thing so I could possibly get a double update written and complete the story on the 16th as planned but who knows. This might also delay TSM updates because completing JTH is my number one priority. I'll be posting a message in JTH to let readers know.

Anyway, that's what's happening. I'm hoping for the best so don't worry (about me or the updates) and I'm also hoping to reply to comments in the morning while I wait at the hospital. I'm going to bed now so I'll see you guys whenever I see you!