Noah: New Friends

I didn't expect to like working in the theater so much, I really didn't. I just wanted to get in, get my better grade, and get out. Everyone there had just seemed so... weird. I know that's a mean thing to say, but theater kids are odd. They're super touchy and out there and basically people I never would have hung out with otherwise. But as time went on, I realized that these people were kind of cool.

Dale was pretty awesome, nosy but awesome, and so was Madi. I could have lived without walking in on them making out in the prop closet, but there wasn't much I could do about that. Eric, Len's boyfriend, was also pretty nice. He wasn't around a lot, which was always a sore spot with Bea, but I liked seeing him when he was. He was always good for a ride to the local McDonald's and always had some headphones when I forgot mine (yes, I wasn't supposed to be listening to music on the job but I didn't really care).

I learned to like everyone else as well. Kate and Janelle were probably the cutest couple in the joint, and they were much better at making out in quiet places than Dale and Madi were (meaning people only ever saw them coming out from their hiding places instead of dealing with the awkwardness of walking in on them). Then there was Sophie, who was playing Audrey, and she was probably the sweetest person I had met. At first she came off as abrasive and diva-ish, a little too in your face, but after getting to know her you'd see how sweet she really was.

I liked that about her, that I had to figure out her layers. Everyone seemed to have layers when they worked in the theater.