Nineteen

Tori picked up her long pencil and pointed it at Olivia threateningly.

"You dare mock me?" She narrowed her eyes at Olivia who glared back at her in response.

"Oh, hell yes I do." She replied and whipped out a long pencil of her own from her pocket. "Let's have a duel to see who is the best."

"My, I'd be glad to beat your butt anytime." Tori smirked - or at least tried to do the best she could.

They stepped closer and stood in front of each other, only a few feet apart. They both raised their pretend wands and poised them in the air.

"Scared, Potter?" Olivia spoke with a sneer.

"You wish."

"Why am I always stuck with the weird ones?" Miranda face palmed herself and fell backwards on Tori's bed.

The three girls were having their long awaited Girls' Night and Tori and Olivia had decided to pretend to be wizards and duel it out. However, Miranda had enough of it.

"Way to ruin the epic moment, Miranda." Olivia shot back and walked over to the bed too, dropping her pretend wand.

Tori sighed and plopped down on her purple bean bag beside the window. "Okay, so what do you guys wanna do next?"

Miranda instantly smiled. "Let's just talk. How about boys?"

Olivia groaned and Tori sat up straight. For some reason, she felt kind of uncomfortable with that topic.

"If you want to talk about how I'm failing to let Simon notice me, then go laugh ahead." Olivia pouted as she propped up her hand on her elbow and rested her chin on it.

"Aw, you must try something else, Liv." Miranda patted her on the head.

"For as long as I have known you guys, you have been stuck in your 'notice me, senpai' phase for quite a while now, eh Olivia?" Tori smiled.

Olivia nodded and then her eyes widened suddenly. "Well, there is this one thing that happened . . ." A blush took over Olivia's cheeks.

Miranda sensed her friend's unease and let out a small excited scream. "Tell me what happened! Tell us what happened right now!"

Tori edged forward in her place to listen as Olivia took a deep breath before beginning. "Well, yesterday after school, I was just about to leave and join you guys in the parking lot when I kind of bumped into Simon himself."

Miranda took in a sharp breath. "Then what?" She prodded. Tori swore Miranda's eyes were twinkling like that of a five year old's whose favorite cartoon just came on.

"What could have happened? I completely lost my cool and stammered when I tried to acknowledge him, making a fool of myself in front of him. He was about to say something back, but before he could I made a run for it." The three girls winced together.

"Yeah, you sure messed it up." Miranda commented.

"I know." Olivia now had her head in her hands. She looked back up at Miranda with a longing look. "How are you and Dylan going along?"

Miranda clapped her hands together, a common habit of hers as Tori had noticed. "Oh, he is just adorable." Miranda gushed. "Yesterday we went on the most amazing date ever."

"You always say that." Tori replied.

"And make me feel even more envious." Olivia nodded.