Eight

Tori was still crying. She didn't even hear the door of her room opening.

Her eyes were closed, the music still playing in her ears. Tear after tear rolled down her cheek and then suddenly she felt someone wipe them away with their finger. Tori's eyes snapped open and she straightened up. She was looking into two blue eyes and Logan smiled back sheepishly, backing away as much as he could in the confined space.

Tori sighed in relief and took out her earphones from her ears. "You scared me, Logan."

"I was knocking on your door for the past ten minutes and you weren't opening. I got so worried, I asked your mother before entering." Logan said and scratched the back of his head. "Hope you don't mind."

"Oh no, it's okay," Tori said while recovering from her crying. Although, she did feel a little uncomfortable with Logan sitting right in front of her in the confined space of her wardrobe. "Don't you have a party at your house or something?"

Logan smiled. "Those people are boring. I ditched them because I'd rather spend time with you, Tori."

Tori felt blood rushing into her cheeks. "S-so you just left them? A-at your place?"

Logan shrugged. "Eh, they'll be fine." He said.

"Wow. You don't care that they can ruin something at your place?" Tori raised her eyebrows.

"I really don't plan on dealing with them right now."

"Won't your friends look for you?"

"They're probably drunk already."

"You don't mind drunk people in your house just roaming around aimlessly?"

"Why do you want me to leave, Tori?"

Tori closed her mouth just before asking another question. "I-I don't want you to-to leave." She managed to say averting her eyes from Logan's gaze.

"Good, because I'm not planning to either. Now tell me why were you crying, Tori?"

Tori remained silent, not looking at Logan. "You do know I will stay in this small wardrobe with you until you won't tell me, right? I will stay here for the whole night if I have to. Although, you're mom might not approve." He said, scratching the back of his head again.

Tori smiled, still not looking at Logan. "You're telling me or what?" Logan said again. "Or do you want me to force it out of you?"

Tori looked at him. "How will you do that?"

Logan raised both of his hands and wiggled his fingers. "By tickling you." He smiled mischievously.

Tori looked at him in horror. "You're kidding, right?"

Logan shook his head and then brought his hands closer to her, constantly wiggling his fingers and still smiling mischievously. Tori quickly backed up against the inner wall.

"Okay, okay. I'm telling, just stop. I hate being tickled."

Logan quickly brought his hands back and looked at Tori with his usual smile again, nodding his head for her to continue.

Tori sighed and looked down at her hands. "I'm..." She trailed off and pursed her lips.

"You're?" Logan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm moving away...to, uh,  Minnesota." Tori looked back at him.

Logan's smile dropped. "What? Why?"

"I'm moving in with my dad there. My mom expects me to complete my senior year there too." She sniffed.

"But why?" Logan whispered. He couldn't suppress the shock expression he had on his face. Tori bit her lower lip to stop any more tears to fall. The painful thoughts of leaving started coming back to her.