Ten

Tori licked the blueberry fro-yo off of her spoon.

"Now this isn't so bad, is it?" Ellie said, smiling at her younger sister. Tori looked around herself and admired the small frozen yoghurt shop. There was a slightly sweet scent in the air as the low hum of people chattering filled the atmosphere. It was slightly chilly too as November had finally settled in Wisconsin. With her sister here again and eating her favorite flavor of fro-yo with her, Tori felt at peace.

"It's nice." She smiled back at Ellie. "Thank you for visiting this weekend."

"Hey, I missed you. And I can't believe you didn't get any toppings this time too."

"You know I like my frozen yoghurt without them. I always like it plain and simple." Tori replied.

Ellie shook her head. "Guess some things never really change."

"Change is a scary thing. Why is everyone so fond of it and asking me to change?" Tori argued. Her mind went back to the day she and Ally had fought. She hadn't talked to her best friend since she had returned to New York. Tori made a mental note to herself that she needed to talk to her soon.

"Damn, Tori. Why do you have to be so touchy and deep like that?" Ellie said.

Tori shrugged her shoulders. She had been doing that a lot lately. "So, how's the college life coming along?" She took another spoonful of her fro-yo.

"It's coming along really great. It's actually really fun." Ellie sat back in her seat in the small booth and continued. "Studies are going great, too. Also, Dennis and I always go out over the weekends. Sometimes we go to a party and sometimes he would take me out on a date."

"That's really sweet." Tori said as she licked the last of her fro-yo and leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, sometimes we'd go out for dinner somewhere fancy and sometimes we'll just go for take-out. He's really thoughtful and everyday I feel like I fall in love with him even more." Tori made a mental note to remember that line, it may come useful for her writing. "And next week is our first anniversary of being together." Ellie eyes seemed bright.

"Have you planned anything yet?"

"Yeah, I'm thinking of something. I'll let you know soon, don't worry." Ellie winked and Tori smiled. Tori was always the curious one. "So, Forbidden is getting even more hits lately, eh?"

Tori raised her eyebrows in surprise. "You still read it?"

"Uh-huh. How can I let it go? I remember how we both along with Ally would stay up all night working on the initial chapters together."

"And then you left. Ally would be the only one to help me edit the chapters."

"And then Ally left." Ellie continued.

"And now it's just me." Tori shrugged.

"Hey, don't feel bad." Ellie leaned a little forward for emphasis. "I personally think your writing has improved lately. The recent chapters are actually really great, the best you've ever written."

Tori smiled. "Thanks."

"And I mean it. I don't know much but it just maybe because of Logan."

"Logan?" Tori asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah." Ellie said. "I think you being friends with him has brought a positive effect on you. And your writing."

Tori shrugged it off. She still didn't understand how Logan could have influenced her writing. "So, how's Dad? You still keep seeing him right? I haven't seen him in a while. You know, with senior year and all."