***

"Hey, Sirius? What's the difference between liking someone and actually falling in love?" James asked one of his best friends sitting beside him, while he gazed longingly at the girl with the long dark red hair. They were sitting in The Great Hall, the members of the four houses having dinner.

"Well," Sirius continued as he finished his bite of chicken, "liking someone usually means that you have a crush on them. And loving someone means you want to marry them or something, I don't know."

Remus Lupin, who sat right in front of them, snorted. James turned to give to give Sirius an incredulous look.

"Geez, that's your definition of love?" James mocked.

"Clearly, our fiend here knows nothing regarding the matters of the heart. I can't believe you seriously expected him to say deep stuff, James." Remus remarked.

"Hey!" Sirius bellowed. "I can be deep when I want to!"

"Sure." James drawled sarcastically.

"Besides, if you really love the girl, just go up to her and say it, dammit!" Sirius smacked James on the back of his head.

"I never said I loved her!" James defended himself despite the fact that a visible tint of red had rose up to his cheeks.

"Huh, your stalker-ish ways and constant talk about her seem to say otherwise." Remus replied in a bored tone. The food that the three friends were eating moments ago, lay forgotten on the table.

"Not to mention you make those mushy kissing noises in your sleep when you dream about her." Sirius added.

"I DO NOT DREAM ABOUT HER AND I DON'T DO THAT." James cried out, clearly embarrassed as his whole face was now a deep shade of red.

"But you know what? I think she likes you, too." Sirius said, unfazed by his friend's outcry.

James straightened in his seat. "Really? You think so?"

"How do you know about that, Sirius?" Remus inquired with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Unlike what you said earlier, I do know about the matters of the heart, Lupin." Sirius rolled his eyes. "Besides, anyone can tell from a mile away that Lily and James both like each other."

"Wow, am I that obvious?" James cringed.

"Yup." Remus nodded.

"Uh-huh. You may as well be jumping up and down, shouting 'Lily Evans, I love you!' in front of the whole school." Sirius replied.

- Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs; The Marauders Through The Years, posted by HalfbloodRavenclaw, courtesy of FanFics.com