Nine

Tori found the moment too awkward.

She was lying on the floor on her stomach while staring at her sister Ellie, with her lips pursed and her hair messed up. Tori quickly stood up and straightened her T-shirt, feeling the sides of her face heating up. She looked at Ellie again, who was having a hard time closing her hanging mouth.

"Hello again, El." Tori spoke once more and this time Ellie closed her mouth, while slightly nodding  in acknowledgement.

She narrowed her eyes at Logan again and looked at Tori with a what-is-going-on expression.

Tori sighed. "El, this is Logan." She indicated by jerking her thumb over her shoulder towards Logan, who was now recovering from his laughing fit.

"I know that." El said. "Which makes it more surprising as to why he is here." She nodded her head at Logan who stood up from Tori's bed and walked over to stand beside her.

Tori tensed up a bit as she realized Logan was standing a little too close to her. "Ellie the Tomboy? Is that you? Wow, long time, no see." He said as he shoved his hands in his pockets casually.

"You too, Richardson." Ellie smiled at him.

"You two know each other?" Tori asked, her brows knitted together, looking between the two.

"Yeah," Logan said. "Ellie was the first friend I made from senior year while I was still a sophomore." Ellie nodded at Tori in confirmation.

"You still call me that?" Ellie asked Logan.

"You still call me by my last name, tomboy." Logan grinned. "How is Dennis?" He asked. Tori remembered who Logan was talking about. Dennis was Ellie's long time boyfriend. They both went to the same college together, something which Ellie had fought hard for.

"Hotter than ever," Ellie winked and they both laughed.

"Wow, I didn't even know you two were- I mean are sisters. Now that I think about it, you two do share some very noticeable features." He looked at the both of them again.

Tori looked over at her sister. She had chestnut brown hair just like Tori's, but it was cut into a blunt long bob rather than Tori's hair, which had layers and reached just above her chest. They both shared the same color of eyes; dark brown. Besides that, they nearly had the same nose. But both of their face shapes were different. Elle had a rounder face, a slightly wider forehead and she also had dimples when she smiled. Tori had a thinner face cut, slightly oblong and she seemed a little small standing beside her sister. Their personalities were like that too. Where Ellie was loud and confident, Tori was quiet and shy.

"So what are you doing here?" Ellie asked Logan.

"He's. . . he's a friend of mine." Tori admitted, surprised at herself for saying that.

Maybe it's time I accept it, Tori thought. I was crying about losing him a while ago.

"Awe, shucks." Logan said and Tori turned her head to find him smiling. She playfully hit his arm with her fist before looking back at her sister.

Ellie smiled brightly at Tori and shook her head. "Finally," she said, to no one in particular.

Tori furrowed her eyebrows. What was that supposed to mean?