***

PART-II

That night in the Great Hall, the whole Gryffindor house table was occupied with happy Gryffindors, munching away on Hermione's birthday cake, which Mrs. Weasley had specially made and sent for her. 

But no one was anymore happier than Hermione, who sat at the table surrounded by piles of gifts around her. 

"Okay, which one should I open first?" Hermione asked giddily, clapping her hands together. Harry and Ron sat on either side of Hermione, going through the gifts and looking at the name tags.

"It would be only fair, if you opened ours first." Fred spoke up. He sat opposite Hermione and the others along with George.

"I mean, we planned the whole thing in the first place." George said cockily.

Hermione stared at them. "You did?" Beside her Ron furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hey!" He shot back. The twins started laughing.

"Sorry," George replied.

"Yeah, it was Ron's idea." Fred admitted.

"It was, Ron?" Hermione turned to Ron with her lips parted. Ron nodded with a shy smile.

"Oh, thank you so much, Ron! Today has been one of the best days ever! Thank you so much!" Hermione nearly yelled and threw her arms around Ron who sat there in shock.

He hadn't expected Hermione to react like that. After a few seconds he hugged Hermione back and smiled widely at Harry, who discreetly gave him a thumbs up. Hermione broke the hug and her gaze fell on the opposite side of the Great Hall, where Draco sat.

The smile on Hermione's face faltered as Draco's bright grey eyes bore into hers. His face was emotionless and Hermione didn't know how to react to his rude staring. She lowered her head and tried to focus on unwrapping her birthday gifts instead.

 - Forbidden posted by HalfbloodRavenclaw, courtesy of FanFics.com