Twelve

Tori forgot how to breathe.

She kept looking into Logan's bright blue orbs as he took a step forward. Her heart was thumping so loudly against her chest she thought it just might burst out of it. Logan's entrancing smile became wider as he carefully took the thick book from Tori's trembling hands.

"Thank you for helping me out today." He whispered gently as finally stepped back and turned around to walk towards the librarian.

Tori stood still. She was having difficulty absorbing what had just happened. Why did she react like that? She should have stood tall (all 5 feet two inches of her), instead of nearly fainting. Tori shook her head.

It was nothing, she thought. What was I even thinking? I bet I looked really pathetic. 

Finally, Tori moved from her place and tucked a thick strand of her chestnut brown hair behind her ear while walking towards the librarian's desk where Logan stood getting the book issued.

"So, what are your plans for the rest of today?" Logan asked in a cheery tone as they both walked out the large library and out on to the wide marble steps, making their way towards Logan's car.

"Well, nothing much." Tori tried to say in a calm and confident tone. "I was thinking about spending time in my room actually. Write or maybe catch up on a few TV shows."

"You really write a lot don't you?" Logan asked as they both slipped into the front seats of his car.

"I guess you can say that." Tori smiled, still recovering from her racing heart.

Logan nodded as he turned on the gas and drove his car out of the parking lot. And they rode in silence. But it wasn't that awkward for Tori, her mind was already occupied with something. She kept replaying the scene that occurred in the library over and over again in her mind as she looked out the window.

Logan brought his hand and pressed a button on the music player in front of him. A slow and steady tune filled the car.

"Down to earth, keep em' falling when I know it hurts, going faster than a million miles an hour, trying to catch my breath someway, somehow." A voice crooned over the music.

Tori smiled. She liked it. She was fond of rock bands and loud screaming music. Sometimes indie even. But she seemed to really like this ballad.

"Down to earth, it's like I'm frozen but the world still turns. Stuck in motion, and the wheels keep spinning 'round. Moving in reverse with no way out." The song continued.

"What song is this?" Tori asked gently, turning towards Logan.

Logan smiled. "It's called 'Infinity'."

"Huh," Tori said.

"And now I'm one step closer to being two steps far from you, when everybody wants you. Everybody wants you." The music played on.

"Who sang it?" Tori asked again.

Logan grinned. "One Direction." He stated.

"You listen to 'One Direction' even?" Tori sat up straight in her seat. "I thought they had girl fans only. Wait, this is a One Direction song? Wow, they're music has changed the last time I heard them."

Logan laughed. "Yeah, well do you like it?" He glanced towards Tori.

She looked at him for a second, trying to decide. "Yeah, kinda."

"I knew you would." Logan grinned and then he sang along. "'How many nights does it take to count the stars? That's the time it will take to fix my heart. Oh, baby, I was there for you. All I ever wanted was the truth.'"