Fifteen

Tori slid into her seat after setting her books and bag down on the table.

She quickly smiled a small smile to Olivia who sat in the table beside her. Tori placed her textbooks aside on her table neatly and crossed her arms in front of her.

"So, did you get my text with all the details in it about Operation Wormtail?" Olivia asked Tori in a cheery tone.

Tori nodded. "Uh-huh. But, I gotta ask why Wormtail, though?"

"Because he's ugly. And trust me, this prank is going to be pretty ugly." Olivia replied with a sly smile.

Tori chuckled. "But won't Logan mind? I mean, a prank on his birthday?"

"Nah," Olivia casually dismissed with a wave of her hand. "That boy never minds anything when it comes to us. We're all pretty uptight. I'm pretty sure he's going to have a good crack from it himself. By the way, when is the new teacher going to arrive?"

Tori looked around in the class, where students continued chattering loudly, and then checked her watch. "Yeah, they're ten minutes late."

Just then a knock was heard from the entrance of the class and all the heads turned to look, voices hushing immediately.

A tall seemingly young man with broad shoulders and a confident demeanor walked in the class in long strides. He had a dark skin tone and jet black hair. He wore a set of thick black glasses - somewhat similar to Olivia's - and had a stern expression on his face.

"Look at those well-defined arms," Olivia whispered to Tori. "I call dibs."

Tori turned to look at her friend with furrowed eyebrows. Even if a teacher is good-looking, you can't just call 'dibs', Tori thought to herself.

"Maintain some professionalism, Olivia." Tori replied in a whisper and looked back at the brooding teacher who had a calculating gaze set upon the class. She heard Olivia snorting beside her.

"Everybody take out your textbooks." The new teacher ordered.

What? No introduction? Tori thought while cocking an eyebrow at the teacher's arrogant attitude.

"Ugh. He now seems worse than that old hag Mrs. Parker. Wonder why she left though." Olivia commented with an irritated expression on her face. "To think I find him hot." Tori chuckled.

"You there," the teacher called out to a boy with many freckles sitting near to the window. "Draw the blinds."

The kid very obediently did so. "Now turn to page three hundred and ninety-four." The teacher continued in a long stern drawl, his gaze unnerving.

Olivia and Tori quickly snapped their heads to look up in his direction with wide eyes, along with the majority of class, while some of the less aware continued flipping their textbook pages in a frenzy.

"Did that just happen?" Tori asked cautiously.

"Did anybody record that?" Olivia called out loud, training her eyes on the new teacher who's face now had no trace of the brooding look it had moments ago. Instead, he was laughing out loud.

"Sorry, kids. I just always wanted to do that." The teacher said in between laughs.

Tori, Olivia and the rest of the class broke into wide grins and laughed along with the teacher. "That was awesome. We almost hated you right there." Olivia said.

"Oh, wow. Well, I'm sorry, and you can draw those blinds open, kid. I bet there is some introduction in order, right?" The teacher continued with a bright smile. "My name is Brady Atwood and I am your new World History teacher. Your previous teacher Mrs. Parker apparently left because she was sick and tired of you lot. But don't worry, I'm a pretty nice man I believe and I think we're going to have a fun time together this year."