Fourteen

Tori drew out her chair from beneath the table after setting down her tray full of food.

Just as she was about to sit down, Logan came around from the back and tucked it back under the table again. Tori looked up at him with her eyebrows knitted together.

"What? Don't you want to eat today?" She asked cautiously.

"Today, we are going to sit with my friends, at my table." Logan emphasized. He raised his eyebrows and picked up Tori's tray. "Come on, no 'but's from you."

He wrapped his hand gently around Tori's wrist and tugged her forward, causing her to follow him behind.

"But. . ." Tori trailed off, feeling a strange sensation go up her arm from where Logan was gently gripping her wrist. She blushed a light red, not being able to say anything further as she kept staring at her hand in Logan's.

"Tori," she heard him sigh. "You need to meet and talk to other people in this world, you know? Besides, my friends are really nice people, they don't bite. And they are really pissed off at me because they think I am deliberately ditching them these past days."

They came to a stop in front a big table where a bunch of girls and boys sat, talking animatedly to each other. They all stopped to look up at Logan and grinned widely at him.

"Logan," said a blonde boy who stood up and high-fived him before man-hugging him and patting Logan on the back. Logan let go of Tori's wrist and hugged the boy back before sliding down into a seat beside him.

"So, how you all doin'?" Logan asked the people sitting on the table with a wide smile.

"Don't you smile at us and ask how we are doing!" A girl with raven black hair and thick black glasses sitting opposite from Logan spoke up, stabbing a fork in the air in his direction. "You haven't been talking to us for a week. Care to explain?" The girl huffed.

"Yeah, man, you didn't even come to laser tag with us on Friday." A second boy from the the table said. He seemed skinnier and less muscular than the other two boys on the table and had dark brown hair parted to the side.

All the people on the table looked at Logan expectantly. Logan bit on his lower lip and glanced nervously at Tori. After realizing that she was still standing there awkwardly, Logan stood up quickly and muttered a soft 'sorry' to Tori before turning to his friends again.

"Guys, this is Tori." He hung his arm casually around Tori's shoulders and introduced her, completely ignoring the question his friends had just asked them. The people on the table softened their stern gaze and offered Tori bright smiles and nodded at her in acknowledgment.

Tori froze in her position, her heartbeat kicking up a notch as she felt uncomfortable being this close to Logan. She could almost smell his scent - something along the lines of musky aftershave and pineapples.

"So, this is Tori." The blonde guy said and smiled at her. "Hi, I'm Justin."

"I'm Blake." The guy with the side-parted brown hair chirped up and waved lightly.

"I'm Olivia." The girl with the raven black hair smiled brightly at Tori, all her anger at Logan before gone in a second.

"I'm Miranda." A red-headed girl who hadn't spoken yet nodded and smiled too. "And I love your jacket, by the way." She grinned.

Tori managed to muster a small smile, trying to tame her racing heart as Logan's arm slumped away from her shoulders. "Thank you. And, um, hi."

She sat down beside Miranda as Logan took a seat opposite to her, beside Justin.