***

PART-I

"You ready?" Harry asked Ron.

"I think so." Ron replied, a nervous expression prevailing his features.

"Come on, how hard can it be?"

"I don't know, Harry. I haven't done anything like this before."

"Just calm down. You go bring her in and I'll go join the others and make sure everything is ready and in order." Harry said with a wave of his hand and smiled at his nervous best friend.

"Okay." With that, Ron finally approached the library. He entered and went searching for Hermione not before flashing Madam Pince a smile. While walking through the book shelves, he finally caught sight of her. She was sitting at a table in the far corner of the library, buried nose-deep into a book about the uses and benefits of wolfsbane in potions.

Ron cleared his throat and walked ambitiously towards her. Although his palms were sweating and he was plenty nervous about the whole ordeal, he walked up to Hermione nonetheless and tapped on the table to get her attention.

"Oh, hey, Ron." Hermione looked up and smiled.

"Hermione, have you seriously been sitting here reading for the past two hours and a half?" Ron asked, trying hard not to stutter and act smooth.

"Ron, I'm nearly always here. What seems to be the matter?" Hermione closed her book before asking.

"Well, Harry seems to be having some problems with his homework. He wanted me to come get you, so that you can help him out. It's regarding that foot-long note Snape wanted us to write." Ron explained, hoping Hermione would believe his lies. And she did.

"Okay, then. I'm coming." Hermione huffed as she stood up and kept the book back in it's respective shelf. She walked alongside Ron and exited the library, making her way towards the Gryffindor common room with him. "Why can't he ever try to do his own homework for once?"

"Beats me. You should ask him." Ron replied, his heart racing rapidly in his chest. As he told the password to the Fat Lady on the wall and entered the common room with Hermione, then did she notice that all the lights were off.

"Wait, why is it really dark in here?" Hermione asked, curiously.

And then in a split second, the whole common room illuminated again and out jumped the Gryffindor members from behind the sofas and couches and yelled "Happy Birthday, Hermione!" in unison.

Hermione stumbled back in surprise and then smiled widely after realizing that her fellow house members remembered her birthday.

"We are trying to grasp the muggle way of celebrating birthdays." Said George as he came from behind, carrying a birthday cake with candles lit atop. 

"So please don't mind if this party sucks." Harry spoke, coming forward to hug Hermione.

Hermione laughed and Ron noticed there were tears of joy in her eyes. He smiled.

  - Forbidden posted by HalfbloodRavenclaw, courtesy of FanFics.com