Two

Tori stared at him for a while, confused at what was going on.

Why did he come sit here? What business did he have with her? No one ever came here, not in this corner of the cafeteria.

Of course she knew him, practically everyone in school knew him. He had quite the reputation actually. He was Tyler Joseph. A soccer player, party-addict with brown hair styled in a quiff, the forelock combed upwards, clean shaven face with chiseled features, and a body nearly every girl in school drools over (except Tori, of course). He also had a distinct, slightly crooked nose. Man whore, she would like to call him. Tyler Joseph was your typical, cliche bad boy. Every school had one and so did Tori's.

But why was he here, sitting right in front of her? She always tried to stay away from the likes of him. "He is trouble," a girl standing beside Tori told her once casually in the corridors as Tyler was passing by with a girl on his arm and mostly everyone had stopped to look at him.

Tori glanced past Tyler's shoulder. Her eyebrows shot up as she noticed that nearly half the cafeteria was already watching. Great, she thought. Now she had nearly half the school's unwanted attention towards her. 

"Why are you here?" She finally asked him in a harsh tone.

Tyler raised his eyebrows in surprise and a smug smile slowly started to spread over his face. Tori's hand itched to slap it off. There was no good reason for him to be here.

"Nothing, really. I just wanted to make new friends."

Tori's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why do you want to be friends with me?" She had to admit, she was surprised by his response.

"Why not?" He said with that same smile plastered on his face , slowly eyeing Tori up and down in her seat. Her face flushed and anger started boiling in her chest. He was playing with her. That was his thing. Tori heard about it in the corridors that he would randomly walk up to girls and toy with them. No wonder why he never had a steady girlfriend, Tori thought. Some of them would fall right then and there in his arms, literally, while others would give him a cold shoulder. Guess it was her turn now. And as much as she had problems with actually talking to people, she didn't want any of this.

"Please, could you just leave me alone. Like, right now?" She said in a hoarse voice.

"Looks like we've got a difficult one here." Tyler said and a few snickers could be heard not that far away from their table. 

Tori's line of vision searched the source of laughter and settled on the group of guys standing at the side, not that far off. She recognized them too. They were part of Tyler's posse and slut group. She directed her attention back to him.

"I'm being very polite here. I have some dignity and I would like to maintain that. I would really appreciate it if you get lost right now." Tori said, her voice growing more harsh and strained as she tried to keep a lid on her anger and forced a small smile.

"Why so feisty?" Tyler said, his smile vanishing. Tori could see a strange unrecognizable glint in his eyes. It kind of scared her. He inched his seat towards her. "I like feisty though. But I don't like being rejected." He discreetly put his arm around Tori's shoulders.

Her eyes widened and she gasped. She started panicking on the inside. The smug smile made its way back on Tyler's face but Tori seemed too shocked to do anything. She wanted to slap his arm away. She wanted to punch him in the face and shout at him for touching her like that. But she just couldn't will herself to move. She felt too...frightened. She looked around for a teacher, but she couldn't find anyone.

"Tyler." Suddenly, someone spoke in a low voice from behind. It was almost a whisper, but it seemed loud enough for Tyler to hear.Tori looked to see that there was a hand on Tyler's shoulder. He snapped his head to look who it was. His eyes widened and his arm slowly slumped away. Tori, relieved from no longer being touched, looked towards the person who more or less saved her from this situation. It was another boy and she recognized him too. And now she fully understood why Tyler listened to him. That's Logan, she thought to herself. Tori noticed that by now, the whole cafeteria had stopped and was looking at them. Some people were munching along as if enjoying the show.

Logan stood there, glaring at Tyler. To Tori's surprise, instead of fighting back or mocking him, Tyler stood up. While murmuring something under his breath - probably swearing - with his head hung low, he moved away and exited the cafeteria along with his friends.

Tori realized she was still holding in her breath. She sighed and looked at the boy who helped her out and took in his appearance for the first time. Logan had blonde hair, which seemed like as if he spent too much time on it and yet it was still sticking out in different directions. Maybe he wanted it to look like that. The sunlight entering from the big windows at the side and illuminating the whole cafeteria danced in his big blue eyes. He had a slightly oval face and a lean yet muscular body like that of Tyler's. He had a sharp jawline and there was something about his nose which made it seem awfully cute to Tori.

Tori hesitated before speaking up. "Thank you."

Logan nodded and smiled back at her. He opened his mouth to say something but he failed to do so as someone spoke before him. "Hey, Logan!" He turned his head to look at the person and nodded. Probably his friend, Tori thought. He looked back at Tori and silently waved goodbye with a smile before walking off. Tori didn't wave back. The rest of the students in the cafeteria resumed with their eating, mumbling to each other about what just happened. Tori went back to her phone, acting as if nothing happened at all.

***

The rest of the day went past in a blur. Soon enough, Tori stumbled into her bedroom and fell face-first into her bed. Nothing special happened today, except for that incident at lunch. Oh God, Tori thought. That was terrifying.

She rolled over and lied comfortably on her bed, snuggling into her pillow. She replayed the incident in her mind over and over again. Tori knew why Tyler listened to Logan. Logan was also part of the most popular crowd, but he was the exact opposite of Tyler. Where Tyler was known for his antics and man whore qualities, Logan was different. He actually had a girlfriend. A real girlfriend who he didn't consider to be his fuck buddy, but actually cared for her and her feelings. Tori heard Tyler failed at every subject in school and that Logan was actually quite good in his studies. Tyler was part of the school's soccer team, but Logan was the captain.

Logan was more like the Good Boy of the school now that Tori thought about it. He actually smiled at everyone all the time. He smiled at the students, at the teachers, even the cleaning staff that worked there. He seemed to have lots and lots of them. It wasn't like as if he was a total sap or a nerd either. Logan loved to party. In fact, halfway through every high school year, Tori remembers the hallways buzzing with news about Logan hosting a grand party at his own huge house. It was almost a tradition. Tori also heard from someone in the hallway, that for some unknown reason, Tyler never stayed long at Logan's party. He would leave early with his friends but never told anyone why. Neither would his friends talk about it.

Where Logan was good and also very popular, Tori would still mostly hear gossip about Tyler going on around the school. Who he slept with last night, who was his girlfriend of the week. Most of the time, when the girls around her would talk constantly about him and she had had enough, Tori would tune out everyone and take out her own phone and begin reading some fanfiction.

The surprising thing was, which everyone knew, that Tyler would never listen to anybody, except for Logan. Most of the time Logan would try to keep his distance from him, in fact Tori rarely saw them together . But occasionally, when he would sense that Tyler is going a bit too far trying to get a girl just to use her, or that he is up to something else which is far more mischievous, Logan would interfere and Tyler would just walk away, angered. The most he ever did in defense was swear at Logan loudly in front of everyone. No one knew why Logan had so much influence over Tyler, nor anyone near them would speak about it. The tension between the boys was really tangible.

Tori sat up straight. All this thinking about the two boys was tiring her. Besides, she didn't want to do anything with them. She didn't want to do anything with any boy for that matter. All she wanted right now was to work on her next chapter of Forbidden. Tori took out her laptop and dived back into her world of magic, spells and fictional love.

***

Hello there! :)

So, what do you think about this chapter? Comment your thoughts? What's up between the boys?

And it would be very nice of you if you voted. :D

Thank you so much for taking your time out and reading this. Love you all.

Fangirl out. x