Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 59

Everyone was gathered in the living room – JaeHwa sitting on Onew’s lap; Minho playing on the floor with TaeYeon; TaeMin intently watching cartoons and Syung-Sook sleeping – when Key came into the room. His face was pale, such a weird difference after seeing it red and puffy, and his eyes were wide. He seemed to be staring at a spot just beyond the group, giving him a spacey, traumatized look of sorts.

“Oppa… What’s wrong?” JaeHwa asked, sitting up.

“H-he… I-I think… I think I just got… Engaged?” Key stuttered.

JongHyun showed up behind the stuttering boy, a big grin stretching out his face. He swung his arms around his apparently boyfriend again.

“I propose~ because this made me realize that there I no one else for me, but Kim Kibum!” He planted a big, wet kiss on his cheek which seemed to snap Key out of his daze.

“Yah! Don’t use my full name, you pabo!” He wacked JongHyun on the chest, reminding everyone of what they were like before this big argument. “This pabo just said: ‘Will you marry me?’ the minute I stepped into the room.”

“So what have you guys been talking about for the past two hours?” MinHo asked.

“Well… W-we made a plan,” Key said. “We’re going to talk to SooMan… And hopefully come out and then we’re going to plan a small wedding… Because we don’t want to outshine those two and then…” Here Key took a shaky breath, seemingly overwhelmed by his own excitement. “Then we’re going to look into adoption.” His smile grew tenfold and completely changed the way he looked.

JongHyun looked smugly happy next to him, just like he used to look when Key and he were together.

“I can’t live without this big loser… plus, with this guy, I’ll learn how to be a good partner and father,” JongHyun said.

“Aigo~ does that mean you guys are back together?” Syung-Sook asked.

“Ne~ I guess it does…” Key gave JongHyun this love filled look that made everyone’s hearts melt.

JaeHwa wanted to squeal in excitement. With the reunited couple, every misdeed that had happened in the past week could now officially be obliterated.

She felt like dancing in joy, that’s how happy she was.

“Umma!”

The baby voice made everyone freeze. All eyes turned to TaeYeon, including Syung-Sook’s which – until now – had been closed.

“What’d you just say, TaeYeonnie?” JaeHwa asked, scooting off the couch to kneel by her daughter.

Everyone joined in and surround the little Asian baby. TaeMin picked her up so she say in his lap and bent close to her face.

“What did you just say?” he asked her.