Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 9

If someone wanted to know what a person addicted to their phone looked like, all they had to do was go live in Juliette’s dorm for ten minutes or less.

                Haneul was constantly on the computer, IMing Key or she had the phone against her ear on in her hands. Always. Talking. To. Key. It was cute.

                Syung-Sook was always texting. Day in and day out. Whether it be in the car or during a break in practice, she had that phone in her hand and was typing something to someone. Probably JongHyun but who could tell since she was so quiet.   

                And lastly, JaeHwa basically slept with her phone and laptop. The way she grinned goofily and giggled at the screen, you could automatically tell that she was talking to TaeMin… Or Onew. If she was laughing loudly she was talking to Onew. If she was blushing/grinning/giggling she was talking to TaeMin.

                “Pali JaeHwa~! We have to get to dance practice!” Haneul ushered. She already had her bag in her hand, phone in the other and was waiting by the door.

                “I’m coming~ I’m coming!” JaeHwa breathed. She raced out of the room, hair in a short messy pony tail, in her sweats and phone also in hand.

                “Where’s Syung?” the dancer asked, slipping on a very worn down shoe.

                Haneul paused, looked around and sighed audibly.

                “SYUNG-SOOK! MANAGER OPPA IS WAITING FOR US! PALI!” she shrieked louder than usual.

                JaeHwa made a face at her leader, finding her voice too loud for the morning. In fact, it was a little too loud for Haneul even. And did she hear agitation in her voice?

                The raven haired girl was about to question the leader when Syugn-Sook came through the door, dragging her feet tiredly.

                “I told you to go to bed early, Syung-Sook… I told you we had an early practice today,” Haneul sighed.

                Syung-Sook gave an innocent shrug of her shoulder, dropping her bag so she could put on her shoes.

                “I was reading,” she said, straightening up.

                The blonde gave a roll of her eyes before heading out the door, leaving two very confused and concerned girls in her wake. Rarely had either girl seen their leader so annoyed by the littlest of things. At least, when she was she almost always covered it with a smile. Something was troubling her…

                In the van it was eerily tense. Haneul had claimed the front seat and was texting crazily while for once Syung-Sook and JaeHwa had abandoned their phones to watch their agitated leader.

                Even as they walked into the studio and to the practice room with the famous cloud wall, Haneul had the phone in her hand.

                “Haneul…” Syung-Sook approached the girl once the door to the dance room was closed.

                “Mwo?” the blonde girl replied gloomily.

                “What’s wrong?”

                There was a long pause. Haneul had her back to her friends so they couldn’t read her face and guess at her emotions. It was even more tense as the two girls anxiously waited for Haneul’s answer.

                Finally, the girl whipped around, phone clutched in her hand and off (for an Asian anyway) brown eyes glossy with tears.

                “Key’s gay!” she screamed, breaking out into sobs.

                “AIGO!” Both Syung-Sook and JaeHwa dropped their bags so they could run towards Haneul and comfort her. Syung-Sook hugged the leader while JaeHwa rubbed her back comfortingly, feeling a bit awkward since she wasn’t used to situations like these.

                “We were texting this morning,” Haneul started to explain through her sobs. “I told him I liked him and he didn’t answer so I thought he didn’t like me back and then called me! And, and-” She took a deep breath at that point, having calmed down the slightest of bits. “And he told me that he really liked me and that I was super cool and amazing but we would only ever be best friends because he was gay.”

                “Aigo~ Haneul, I’m so sorry!” Syung-Sook apologized, hugging her friend again.

                “That’s not even the worst part! After he said that I said, ‘Oh, sorry…’ and hung up! He keeps texting and calling me but every time I write him a message I can’t send it because I feel so stupid!”

                The three girls sunk to the floor, Haneul sandwhiched in the middle. Syung-Sook had her arm wrapped around Haneul in a side hug way while JaeHwa brushed her fine hair with her finers.

                “You can be such a pabo at times, unnie,” JaeHwa muttered in a soft voice. “You should talk to him. I know you’re hurt but can you imagine how Key’s feeling right now?”

                “He’s probably flailing wildly,” Haneul murmured, a small smile beightening her tear stained ace.

                “Exactly~ He’s probably freaking out right now. He didn’t want to hurt you unnie,” Syung-Sook added.

                Haneul sighed, finally regaining her common sense. She wiped her tear streaks off her face and cracked a bigger smile.

                “Pabo…” she mumbled to herself.

                Syung-Sook grinned and too Haneul’s phone from her. She searched through the contacts finally stumbling upon Key. Miliseconds later, the phone was ringing. The singer pressed the phone back into Haneul’s hand.

                “Go talk to him,” she said.

                The grin spread on the blonde’s face. She got up, walking out the door past a confused manager who was just about to walk in.

                JaeHwa and Syung-Sook shared a smile, getting up so they could start doing stretches and warm ups.