Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 48

The day came when TaeYeon got to be taken to her new home. JaeHwa wrapped her up in her tiny little outfit before putting her in the carrier she'd had brought over by the manager.

            “You ready?” Syung-Sook asked, arms laden with flowers and other gifts.

            “Yup~ Let’s bring baby home,” JaeHwa answered. She slipped out of her hospital slippers and into some comfortable flats that manager oppa had brought her.

            Syung-Sook and JaeHwa left the hospital room (actually happy this time) and walked down the hallway to join the two waiting girls in the waiting room.

            “Yah, SooMi…” JaeHwa said when she spotted the redheaded girl. “Sorry for being so mean to you… You have to understand that I was very hormonal.”

            “Uh, it’s fine… I understand,” SooMi mumbled.

            “But this doesn’t mean I like you any better because in my mind you’re just a threat that I have to tolerate, but because I’m feeling nice if you stay out of my way I’ll try not to stampeded all over you.

            “Come on guys, I want to show TaeYeon her room~” JaeHwa gave a big smile and walked past the stunned new member proudly. Her hormones were still balancing out it seemed.

            The drive was fun; each girl fussed over TaeYeon, awing at every little thing she did. For a baby that didn’t do much she sure got a lot of attention. SooMi ended up chilling in the back seat, concocting up ways she could get the girls to finally like her. She wished that she’d joined the group later, that way she wouldn’t be accused of trying to take over JaeHwa’s position in the group.  

            The whole time JaeHwa and the other two were showing TaeYeon around the dorm and introducing her to Chicken, SooMi planned. She came up with loads of ideas but nothing seemed to work. Why couldn’t she just be accepted into the group?!

            “Ah… SooMi-ssi… Can you get the baby bag from the car?” Haneul asked, poking her head out the baby room door.

            “Sure~” she answered, slipping her shoes back on. Yes, she’d be willing to heed their every command if it meant being accepted by them.

            Just as SooMi was about to walk back up the steps to the dorm she was surprised by the SHINee boys running over.

            “YAH! IS TAEYEONNIE HOME YET?!” Key screamed, running over as quickly as he could.

            “Ne, she just got - ” She didn’t even have time to finish her sentence for Key had run right by her. “Here,” SooMi finished saying.

            TaeMin chuckled.

            “Don’t worry – Key’s always like that,” he consoled.