Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 47

“Move it! I need to deliver my amazing present before everyone else!” Key yelled, kicking JongHyun in the rear end so he would pick up the pace.

            “All you have are flowers and balloons from the gift shop – why are you in a rush to give her those?” JongHyun whined.

            “Are you doubting my awesome gift?” Key asked, narrowing his eyes.

            “No, but I -”

            “Move faster you dino! I have to show JaeHwa and TaeYeon who the best uncle in the world is,” Key interrupted.

            “It’s me right?”

            “Nice try monkey brains. Hurry up! Gosh!”

            The two finally managed to get down the hall (albeit, with about six hundred insults aimed towards each other) and entered the room. JaeHwa was half asleep in her hospital bed when the bickering couple walked in. TaeMin was holding the baby, snapping pictures of them together so he could post it to me2day later on.

            Key all but flew forward, dumping his balloons and flowers on the windowsill before ogling TaeYeon.

            “Aigo~ Jjongie! Isn’t she just the most precious thing you’ve ever seen?” he asked.

            “She is quite cute... But you’re cuter,” JongHyun said.

            “Now is not the time to be sucking up,” Key said, not taking his eyes off the baby.

            JongHyun shrunk back to a corner with his tail tucked between his legs. JaeHwa would have laughed had she not been so tired.

            “She really is adorable, though, guys... I’m so proud of you,” Key congratulated.

            “Thank-you,” TaeMin said.

            “Not you, pabo.” Now that JaeHwa couldn’t help but laugh at. “I should be congratulating Onew hyung, too. He seemed to have done more than you.”

            “Without Onew oppa I don’t think TaeYeon would have never been able to come out,” JaeHwa agreed.

            A pregnant pause ensued. Key took TaeYeon from TaeMin, bringing her to JongHyun so they could gush over her. From the bits of conversation JaeHwa was able to hear she could understand that Key was begging for a baby and JongHyun was saying no over and over and over and over again.

            “Where is everyone?” JaeHwa yawned.