Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 45

JaeHwa had been told to take it easy after her fall (so she'd been doing that for a few weeks now). She told no one about what happened before the fall since she didn’t want more crap to happen with SooMi. Plus, at eight months pregnant she had more important things to worry about... You know... Like giving birth to a baby.

                The closer her due date came the more scared she got about the whole thing. She tried not to let it show but soon she was going to explode with all of this stress being imposed on her. Today, for example, Juliette was at the beach shooting for a TV show and JaeHwa was having a panic attack by herself.

                Everyone was in their bathing suits dancing around and having a good time. She was stuck in a Bohemian style dress, her feet bare so they could squish in the sand and her hair up in a small ponytail. She was sitting on a towel facing the ocean with a hand on her stomach. Everyone was so happy... She was on the brink of hyperventilating.

                JaeHwa’s breathing quickened and her eyes widened to massive proportions. Labour was painful... Giving birth was painful... Not to mention she didn’t know how to raise a baby... Or how to change a diaper... Fix a formula...

                “JaeHwa!” Onew yelled, smiling wide at the girl.

                She barely took notice of him; too busy panicking over all these baby raising things.

                “Yah, what’s wrong?” he asked when he noticed how scared she was. He sat beside the girl on the towel that probably belonged to Haneul.

                “I can’t have a baby,” JaeHwa gasped. “I don’t know how to take care of a baby! I-I can’t change diapers! I-I-I can’t – I-I don’t know how!”

                Onew scooted closer, pulling JaeHwa between his legs. It was awkward but it soon got comfortable. He put his chin on her shoulder and rested his hands on her stomach.

                “Calm down... You’re going to be a great mother... You’ll learn how to hold a baby and feed and change it... You’re panicking for no reason; you’re going to be amazing,” Onew assured her. “And you know what else? TaeYeon is going to love you so much... And TaeMin’s gong to help you raise it... I’m going to help you raise it...”

                JaeHwa nodded as he spoke, feeling her heartbeat slow down. She put her hand over Onew’s and played with his fingers. She could do this... She could be a mom... Onew would help her. Onew would be there... He’d be a great father to her... Wait... What?

                Her fingers froze over Onew’s as she rewound what she had just thought. TaeMin was the father of her child... Not Onew... So why had she thought Onew just now?

                “Gwaenchana?”

                JaeHwa smiled up at Onew. “Ne, I’m great now thanks to you...” She gave his cheek a little peck – partly to thank him and partly to see what this damn tingling in her stomach was... The kiss did nothing to help her understand the odd sensation.