Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 23

A week had gone since JaeHwa was released from the hospital. She was happy to leave the eerie place but she was a bit bummed. With the stitches and bruising around the incision, it was quite painful to walk. Now that some time had passed it wasn’t as bad, but still…

                And she couldn’t dance. Which sucked hard core. Syung-Sook and Haneul would be off getting ready for dance practice while she was stuck at the dorm.

                Vocal practice was no fun either.

                The only thing JaeHwa was looking forward to now was the talk show her and the other Juliette members were going on tonight.

                Manager oppa had set it up since fans were beginning to wonder where JaeHwa had gone. This show would be her first public appearance since the incident and would declare that she was recovering and would be coming back soon.

                It was going to be hard – bustling around with the stitches in her side – but it’d be much better than just lazing about doing nothing.

                “Yah! Jae! Where are you?” Haneul’s familiar voice yelled.

                The maknae peaked her head out of the bathroom entrance, still groggy with sleep.

                “I’m in her unnie!” she called, passing the brush through her hair.

                Haneul stepped into the bathroom, patting her dongsaeng’s head.

                “Wake up you~ we have to leave soon,” she said as she prepared her tooth brush.

                JaeHwa nodded, still a little out of it as she finished off her French braid. When she was done she went out to join Syung-Sook and manager oppa.

                “Pali Haneul! We have to go!” manager called.

                The blonde came out of the bathroom, following after everyone as they all filed out to the van.

                It was a quick drive to the studio. As expected, there was more than a little hustling and bustling going on. Jaehwa was passed from one coordi no one to the next until finally she was deemed good enough to go on stage with the rest of her group members.

                The talk show host, Jung HyoJun, joined Juliette backstage before they were due to go on since he wanted to get to know the girls better. He’d already done his research on them but he wanted to know their personalities.

                “Annyeonghaseyo?” he greeted, all smiled.

                Haneul turned t him, making it her responsibility to present himself first.

                “Ne, annyeonghaseyo?” she said back.

                “I’ve been anxious to meet you three. I feel lucky to be the one to put fact to some rumors,” HyoJun said.

                By the way the older man bounced, you could tell he was genuinely happy and not just doing this so he could get paid.

                As the music played, HyoJun walked onto the set, saying hi to the audience, making his usual introductions and explaining about what was going to happen during the show.