Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 54

JaeHwa woke up in a completely different position than she had fell asleep in. Onew had moved down into a laying down position some time during the night and had made it so her head was lying on his chest rather than his lap. His arms had wrapped around her and her legs had tangled with his. It was such a different feeling from being in TaeMin's arms. Being in Onew's arms felt like being protected by a man. TaeMin had always had that boyishness to him that had made everything seem a little too innocent.

            Stealing a look at Onew's watch, JaeHwa determined that it was barely seven am. Early enough to get chicken.

            “Onew… Oppa~” JaeHwa shook the sleeping boy a bit. Of course, he didn’t wake up. It took something more than just shaking to get him to pull out of his slumber.

            “Oppa~!!!” JaeHwa gave him a more vigorous shake which got a groan in response. Progress!

            It took ten minutes of shaking and hushed whispers to get Onew to sit upright. His hair was all mussed up and his grogginess gave him this extremely cute and childish appearance.

            “You have to get the chicken, remember?” JaeHwa smiled sweetly and helped him to his feet. She placed herself in front of the mirror, taking a couple seconds to comb through her hair with her fingers.

            Onew came up behind her during this time, wrapping his arms around her waist.

            “What are you doing?” she asked, unable to hold back the blush warming her cheeks.

            “I’ve wanted to do this for a long, long time.” That big goofy smile brightened up Onew’s face. Something in JaeHwa’s chest warmed up when he smile and she blushed some more.

            They left the bathroom together, separating quietly. Onew left to get the chicken while JaeHwa went to check on TaeYeon. Good thing she was sleeping almost all through the night.

            TaeMin was already by the travel crib he had stashed in the dorm. He bent down to pick up TaeYeon just as JaeHwa stepped in. Unsurprisingly, MinHo was gone (jogging most likely), and Haneul was sleeping on a futon against the back wall.

            “Did she sleep well?” JaeHwa asked.

            “Ne, she only woke up once,” TaeMin answered.

            “I’m happy she’s safe… I swear I’m going to get SooMi kicked out and black listed.”

            TaeMin chuckled. “At least I know why you were acting completely insane this whole time. I was wondering why you were so intent on getting us together… Especially after I said I didn’t want to go out with anyone.”

            “You can date if you want, you know.”