Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 49

Four thirty a.m. It was four thirty in the morning and JaeHwa was awake trying to console a crying TaeYeon for the billionth time. You’d think after two months you’d get used to it, but no. Being a mom was harder than being an idol… Definitely harder.

            JaeHwa went through the whole process of figuring out what was wrong and concluded that TaeYeon was hungry since nothing else seemed to be the cause to her crying.

            Chicken followed after JaeHwa lazily as she brought TaeYeon to the kitchen and prepared formula.

            “At least you have energy, boy,” JaeHwa mumbled to her dog.

            Twenty minutes later TaeYeon was asleep and JaeHwa’s cell phone was vibrating on the kitchen table where she’d left it the day before. When she picked up the phone she was going to hang up (who the hell called at four in the morning anyway?) but she saw Onew’s name on the screen and got curious.

            “Yoboseoyo?” she answered.

            There was no direct answer but she heard muffled voices. Had she been pocket dialled?

            “Oppa?” she tried again. She was just about to hang up but something JongHyun said stopped her.

            “I’m in love with Key! MinHo’s in love with Syung-Sook! And Onew hyung’s in love with JaeHwa!” JongHyun yelled. He sounded drunk…

            “Yah! JongHyun!” she heard Onew say.

            “It’s true, though, hyung! I mean, everyone but JaeHwa knows it! Even TaeMin knows it!” Key agreed.

            Onew said something after that but it was muffled out by some loud laughing from somewhere around them. JaeHwa was surprised to see she was clenching the phone tightly in her anxiousness to hear the rest of the conversation.

            “Why won’t you tell her?” Key asked.

            He won’t tell me because it’s not true. It can’t be true… Onew liking her was like… Like Haneul liking Key… No that was a bad example… It was like…

            “Because of the history she has with TaeMin and TaeYeon… Not to mention SooMi. She’s go tenough to deal with… Plus, I know TaeMin doesn’t like it when we’re together,” Onew said.

            “TaeMin’s going to have to deal with it! You’ve loved JaeHwa for almost three years now! You can’t push it off any longer!”

            Three years?! Onew had loved her for… No. Impossible.

            “It’s not that easy! Plus, she doesn’t like me that way!” Onew objected.