Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 1

It was a hot day in Korea. The boys of SHINee stood around the pool, getting ready to take a quick swim on their day off.

                “TaeMin~ Hurry up! We’re all waiting for you!” Key hollered. He was already at the edge of the pool, dressed in pink swim trunks. He managed to pull the skinny, not so muscular swim body off by accessorizing with a pair of giant white sunglasses.

                “Everybody’s waiting for the maknae!” JongHyun yelled. He was so anxious to jump in the pool that he was bouncing on his heels.

                “I’m sorry! I’m coming!” TaeMin stripped off his shirt. He wore black swim trunks which somehow suited him. His not quite abs seemed to shine from the way the sun was hitting him, causing the few people at the pool to turn and look.

                The maknae ran over to his hyungs, who were all waiting for him.

                “Don’t run around the pool!” Key scorned.

                “Sorry Key hyung~” the maknae apologized.

                The innocent smile that he flashed made it impossible for Key to stay mad at him.

                “Let’s just swim; people are staring,” JongHyun interrupted.

                Before anyone could process his words, he’d already jumped straight into the pool. A big wave fanned out from where he’d disappeared and the SHINee members got their feet soaked from the splash.

                “Jjong! How could you go in without us?!” Key shrieked. “You got my feet wet!”

                With the water being cold and all, he couldn’t bring himself to jump in like his hyung. Instead, head found the stairs and waded into the pool, followed by TaeMin.

                “Watch out!” a new voice yelled. MinHo stood a few meters back looking ready to take a running jump.

                “Be careful MinHo!” Key yelled.

                With a cheeky grin that would make anyone swoon, the rapper started his run, leaping into the air when he reached the edge of the pool. He splashed into the water, spraying everyone around him, soliciting a lot of whines from his fellow friends.

                The only SHINee member left to jump in the pool now was Onew. He stood some distance away from the pool, bouncing/rocking slightly from side to side. Being the typical Jinki he was, he was scared to dunk his body into the chilly water.

                “Hyung! Come on! Jump in!” TaeMin encouraged.

                MinHo brought a beach ball over and half swam, half walked to the other side of the pool. He was obviously eager to start a water volleyball game. Not surprising since he was the sportiest one of the group.       

                “But it’s cold!” Onew whined loudly.

                Key was the first to roll his eyes. He waded to the edge of the pool and rested his arms on the gritty cement.

                “Hyung~” he began, his voice borderline whiny. “We came to the pool early so we could avoid people and swim in peace~ so jump in!”

                Onew gave out a nervous sight, fighting with himself over what to do. Just when he started to run, aiming to jump into the water, a group of girls walked in through the fence, laughing happily together.

                Getting distracted from the rather cute faces they had, Onew tripped over a pool noodle and belly flopped into the pool.

                Despite it sounding painful, the SHINee members couldn’t help but laugh at their leader.

                JongHyun swam over and wrapped an arm around Onew.

                “Hyung! Are you okay?!” he asked in between his laughs.

                “Owww~” Onew groaned.

                The three girls that had walked in before giggled, staring every now and again at the boys as they spread some towels out on chairs. A couple cameras and a crew followed them which really peaked the boys’ interests. They hadn’t seen these girls before but surely they had to be someone for cameras t be following them around.

                “Yah~ Key hyung, who are those girls?” TaeMin asked following the tallest girl of the group with his eyes.

                The three girls were pretty for sure. The shortest being a petite Asian blonde. She wore a white baggy shirt over some short, denim short-shorts. If you looked closely enough, you could see the pink of her bikini top. She topped off her look just like Key did, with big, white sun glasses.

                The second girl was taller than the first. She sported red brown hair that fell barely past her shoulders in waves. She had on the same type of outfit as the first girl except with a light green shirt. It seemed that she was wearing a black bikini.

                The third girl was the tallest (but not by much). With black hair that went just above her shoulders, it framed her face nicely. She had a light blue head band in her hair, tied and rolled at the top. Once again, she wore the same clothes as the other girls but with a black shirt that made it impossible to see her bikini underneath.

                “Where would you like us to go director oppa?” the tall one asked, fixing her head band whilst walking.

                “We’ll start over there first… For the first verse. We’ll wait until the pool clears out a bit before we shoot the chorus,” the director informed guiding the camera and girls to the other side of the pool.

                “I don’t recognize them,” JongHyun finally chimed, tearing his gaze away from the girls.

                “SHINee! Are you swimming or standing?” manager hyung shouted at the boys.

                The loud voice caught the attention of the girls. The shortest turned her head and her mouth almost immediately dropped. She quickly turned to her two companions, whispering in excited, hushed tones.

                “Let’s start playing!” MinHo interrupted his friends’ staring. “Manager hyung will be annoyed if we don’t do something.”

                So the boys gathered around in the shallow end of the pool and began an uneven and unsuccessful game of water volleyball. All the while they were fighting back their curiosity about the pretty girls dancing and singing on the other side of the pool.