Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 58

It took a long time for Key to wake up. JaeHwa herself fell asleep in the chair she was in and when she woke up she was staring at a groggy Key with a massive hangover.

“Glad to see you're awake,” JaeHwa said coldly.

“I got woken up by my phone… Sunny called to say she couldn’t come see me today…” Key explained.

“Well, you’re going to be on your own soon – I don’t plan on staying long.”

Key barely made a sign to show that he had heard what she’d said. He rubbed his fingers over his forehead, probably trying to massage away the pounding pain having a party up there. He rolled into a sitting position and groaned.

“What happened yesterday?” he asked.

JaeHwa had to bite back a scoff. The discomfort and humiliation she felt from yesterday’s events was being covered by this anger that couldn’t be controlled. Probably because she thought that the next time she’d have sex after TaeMin would be with Onew. Now everything was ruined for her. Onew would never be able to “fully” have her because for five seconds, Key had been inside her. Key who had been drunk and was supposed to be gay.

“I’m happy you don’t remember. At least it spares one of us the pain,” JaeHwa snapped.

“Why are you so angry? What did I do?” Key asked, getting angry himself.

“Look! I don’t want to stay here long because, if you haven’t noticed yet, I’m pissed off at you! Enraged actually!” JaeHwa yelled.

“Could you please stop yelling?” Key whimpered.

As mad as she was, JaeHwa still had a heart and couldn’t bring herself to take out her anger on Key when he was in such a shape. She calmed herself down to a decent state before speaking again.

“I’m sorry… I came here to talk with you and things got really… Bad,” JaeHwa explained. “Key… You need to have a serious talk with JongHyun…”

Key snorted, lying back down onto his side. “We had a serious talk already – look where it led us.”

“No, I don’t think you understand Key. JongHyun hasn’t left the room since you guys split. All he does is cry and sleep and cry and sleep. He’s come out of his room maybe only a dozen times all week… You guys belong together!”

“Clearly we don’t. I mean, he doesn’t want kids, I do. He doesn’t want anything I want. What do you care for anyway? You have Onew and a baby – you have it all!”

“Stop being like this! It isn’t like you! I’ve been through a lot to get where I am and you know it! You and JongHyun need to get over yourselves and talk this out! Now I’m going because I can’t even look at you anymore!”

Key’s eyes teared up more and more with each word.