She haunts me! 'til my bitter end

Saige pov 

As soon as the  door to the roof top closed behind me everything shattered.

My feet picked up pace, its what they were itching to do the whole time. My  whole  body  was screaming at me, my only way out was to run.

As fast as a drunk girl could  run down stairs in heels, i was soon  pushing through the crowd of  hungry vultures. The heat was unbearable and the small of sweat,  stale alcohol and  over powering perfumes and cologne. I was feeling sick.

"Hey there you are!" A tall figure came into view. He was smiling  wide with his arms open.

this was a  trap. Run Saige run. Dont trust anyone.

I scowled at Austin and saw his face fall.

"get away from me. You brought them here!" i yelled.

"i did it for your own good. You need to go home Saige. You dont  belong here" His voice was stern. Austin was only  trying to help, but that wasnt what the monster wanted to hear.

Belong, This stupid word. Fuck, i know i dont belong. i dont belong anywhere. Nor, do i want to. Cause if you stay , you get attached and when your attached  its more easier to get  hurt.

"I dont belong back in Toronto either. So get the  hell away from me."  He leaned  in trying to get a hold of me but i dodged him and kept on running. I dont even know if he was following me or not but i really didnt want to look back.

Seeing the door I picked up my pace. Not wanting to run into anyone else. Since apparently everyone was here to get me.

This place was suffocating, it  seemed like everything was caving in as i got closer to leaving. All it took was a  few more steps and yet it seemed as though it was getting further away. My heart was  pounding in my ears. Drowning out the  beat from the music and the noise of everyone taking.  i could feel  the sweat on my back and dryness of my  throat. My vision was getting  hazy. 

I have to get out, I have to make it out alive.

Taking one final  push, I was  faced with cool night air. I stood there for a moment, closing my eyes and taking in the fresh air to my lungs.

"there! oh my god its her!"  Tearing my eyes  open, my head whipped in the direction of  her voice. It stabbed me so hard in teh gut. 

I never wanted her to find me. Not my best friend.  Not now, not ever.

"Saige! its you its really you!" The two guys behind her looked as if they saw a ghost. 

I didnt think i was that pale.

Paige how ever was  pushing her way through the scattered drunks having a smoke outside. They  too  all looked at me. wondering why this girl was freaking out .   My  mind clicked when It  landed back on Paige. My mind also had to turn off cause I was about to hurt my best friend. 

Turning on my heels, i darted the other way. Anyway really, i just  couldnt  let her get to me.

"NO WAIT!! STOP. PLEASE SAIGE JUST STOPP!!" she called.  My eyes were  filling with tears. My vision was shit at this point and I needed to find an alley or somewhere to collect myself.

Sobs  escaped my mouth and my body became heavier to move. My air was  being cut short and my legs seized. i could hear their foot steps getting closer as it hit the pavement.

Keep moving. You cant  let them get you. Youll be trapped.

i wiped my  tears with my arm and looked up.

"Saige..no.."I turned to see  Paige standing just a few  steps away. Her cheeks were wet and her eyes red.  The worst pain in the  world for me was to see her hurt like this. She was my family, my  sister. There was never a time she wasnt there for me and i her. Up until this point that is. but she deserved better. Just like Oliver deserved better. I was better off alone. Some where were i didnt belong.

"Im sorry Paige. Dont follow me" My words were calm. Too calm for my stage, but it got the point across. .

"But Saige.. come home" Her broken  sentences pleaded.

"I.." I stopped, there was no words for me to find that could make this easy. There really was none to begin with. So I simply turned and ran away.

I collapsed on a bench by the water. I was alone meaning she  understood  i had to go, i had to run away. Thats what best friend do , understand. 

 After a good amount of time of crying, I sat there and watched the sun come up. Slowly my world was drifting and my eyes became heavy. I didnt want to go to the hotel room Scott and  I were sharing. Even though it would of been wise. But they would look for me there.  I couldnt face them, not after tonight. Not after running away from my best friend, yelling at Austin and  telling Oliver to go away. I loved them all, deep down I couldnt change that. Especially Oliver. I thought I was doing good,  making him a memory. But having him stand inches away from me was a real test of will power. Any longer and i would of failed. I still wanted him, wanted to be happy with him again.  I loved him so much. 

But love is a curse and I swore to never love again.