Nervous wreck

I had  nervously finished Matt's tattoo and cleaned up. While Oliver and  Adam were watching me.  

I was dying inside. 

Why did they have to watch me? Why couldn’t Paige or Toby come and occupy them?

The only thing I was grateful for was how I always had a steady hand. If not im pretty  sure this tattoo would  look like a  4  year old had  drawn it.

I sat in my  chair  behind our  table  cursing  everyone under my breath. While  Paige   talked to Matt and  Oliver , showing them our portfolios. Toby was with another  client and  Adam  had gone to check out the venues.

The guys had stayed for a bit but told us they had tour things to attend to, so they  left. Stating that they would see us later at the bar.

I really didn’t  want to go to the bar after but obviously I was forced too.  So here I was, lying on my bed waiting for Paige and Toby to get ready.

I've never been the one to take long getting ready when going out. Firstly because  I never wanted attention from guys and secondly I never understood what the point of standing in front of a mirror caking on make up and  making your hair  perfect only to come  home with  raccoon eyes and sweat drenched hair. It seemed like a waste of time.

Flicking  through the TV channels I settled on just watching the weather for a while.  Adam txted me the place they were at,  luckily  enough it was were most of the artist from the convention were headed and the  live show. It  sort of made my night  a bit better, I loved live shows. 

My stomach was  in knots knowing that  the  guys  from Bring me the horizon were going to be there though. Matt also had been txting me, asking if I was coming still and that he couldn’t wait to see me. Not to mention how many compliments he was sending a long with the txt.

I had shown Paige earlier and she told me to take it  and  use it. I had to get  over my fear when guys showed interest. This was  for the shop.

“Well don’t  you look like  your plotting to murderer everyone in this  place”  Adam placed a beer in front of me as he slipped onto a  stool beside me.

“Maybe I am.”

I heard him snicker at my bitterness.

“And why is that?”

“Because”

“Because what?”

I looked at him straight in the face giving  him cut eye.

“Because all of you sat there and watched me!  Its bad enough Matt started  hitting on me and asked me to go out! ”

“What?! that’s a good thing, you have to stop being so scared.” 

“Scared of what?”  A  voice  came from my  other side  making me cringe I knew  who's  voice  it  belonged too,  quickly racking my brain for a lie. I turned.

“Scared  that our shop will be  shut down by the time we get back. I mean its everything to me.” I was  sounding like Paige,   she would pout and try to take sympathy  from others while battering here eye lashes. 

“Well I don’t think that will happen.”

Wait what?  is it working?

“Your art work is one of the best ive seen, when  it  gets noticed by the right person. Id be more concerned on when to get a bigger shop"

Huh? Did Oliver just compliment me? Does batting your eyes work? 

“ if that person ever comes along” I sighed  still  continuing.

“I know of such a person” he smiled cheekily.

“you do?”