Mirrors start to whisper, Shadows start to sing

Saige pov

I sat in my favorite  cafe with my  sketch book open and a blank page in front of me. My eyes were glued to the busy streets of Toronto. As people rushed by going to and from work or just locals shopping. I was here on my  day off  in hopes of having some sort of inspiration for some new art. Felling like my quiet  apartment wasnt  doing me good, I came here. I could of gone in the shop and locked myself in my room but still i think it would of been too quiet. Silence was starting to feel like a prison.

I needed noise, I needed to be around people. I needed distractions. 

But a busy cafe wasn't the distraction and people I needed.

"So are you going to keep tapping your pen until the ink explodes and you have nothing to draw with or are you hoping it will so your paper will get a cool design?"  Josh spoke. I hadn't even noticed him standing there with dirty mugs in his hands and a wet cloth. He smiled down at me.

"I um...I was just thinking"

He nodded " You've been thinking a lot lately. Isnt today your day off? Why are you still working?"  He placed the cups on my table and slipped into the chair across from me.

"Cause I need new drawings. I just,  I cant think of anything."

"Maybe you just need a break, a distraction.? Ever since you three got back, the place has been booming and you're over working yourself. I see it in your eyes. No offence but  it looks like you havnt slept in weeks and the amount of times you come in here for coffee has gone up. Trust me I notice."

Josh you have no idea.

It really has been a couple weeks since Ive slept. I mean Ill catch an hour or two here or there. But most of the time my mind was on him. Worrying that he wont call or that he'll forget me. That this is all for nothing.  Then I feel stupid because he always does. Ill get cute text from him when I wake up or  he'll send me funny pictures thought out the  day or the guys goofing off or  just Oli, being..well Oli. Every night around  6 before his show we skype. Its just sometimes after the show when he goes to parties and I dont hear from him till early the next morning that bothers me. Thats why I cant sleep.

I always get this gut feeling lije something  I dont know is happening. Kind of like what happened last night.  It was a  normal day. Got up, grabbed coffees, worked. Came straight home and Skyped with Oliver until the show.  He told me about how they had met a lot of really great fans and they asked about me. He told me how much he missed me and wanted to come by. Then about the Drop Dead launch party.  Matt even came on and apologized for telling Oli we were talking, but it was just because Oliver was obsessing over me that whole week and he wanted his friend back. I found it cute cause Oliver was in the back trying to get him to shut up with a blushing face. It was really sweet and we just had small talk and shooted some jokes around. I told him how the shop was and my boring life.  But that was the last time I heard from him.  I paced my apartment all night waiting. I didnt even get a text this morning.  It was 3 in the afternoon now and I had nothing.  My obsession with checking instagram and his twitter all day had ended when my phone had 2 % battery so i turned it off.

I was ready to rip my hair out.

"Saige? Are you sleeping with your eyes open?" Josh waved his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, I really havnt slept. Maybe your right. I need to give it a break."

Josh smiled and  looked back over to the cash.  "Well im off in half an hour, want to get dinner? I swear its not a date, i just want to help you relax and distract you from what ever is bothering you"