Chapter 5

Dear Julia,

sorry from your art project.

Michael.

I don't really know what to think about this so I start making my English homework and finish all my Science. I start French but get annoyed because it's way too difficult.

I get off my chair and put my headphones off. I jog off the stairs and see my mom is watching the news. On my tiptoes I walk to the kitchen and open the fridge

"Nice you helped me clean up!" Mom says .

Sh*t.

"Sorry I was busy." I take a bottle water out of the fridge. I take a big sip and take it with me.

"Yeah sure." I feel my mom rolling her eyes at me. I run back up the stairs.

I get back to my room and open up my books for French once again. Still wondering about Michael's sorry and with my book lying on my chest I fall asleep.

*

I wake up by Joel singing under the shower. I do my things, slip in my black converse and get breakfast.

Before mom can even think about getting the car I kiss her on her cheek and walk to school.

I walk into the school parking lot seeing people hanging around. I jog to my locker and put my headphones in it.

"Hey!" I turn around.

"Hey Ash!" Ashton and another guy are standing there. The guy has brownish hair and is about as tall as Ashton.

"Hey you must be Julia I'm Calum!" Calum smiles widely and shakes my hand.

"Hey hey!" I say happily and I put my jacket in my locker shutting it and I check my timetable.

"P.E." Ashton says before I can even find it.

Well Ashton is happy today. Glad he isn't mad about Michael or me leaving with the car.

"Ok!"

"See you at lunch Cal!" Ashton calls after Calum who leaves us for his own class he has to attend.

Ashton leads me to PE and we separate to change. I change into my sport outfit and see Ash is already waiting for me as I leave the dressing room.

Our P.E teacher Mr. Robinson tells us we are about to play football as I hear a deep loud voice.

"Football? That's for chicks." It is Michael.

"You are such a d*ck Mike." I hear Luke say and he stands up takes a ball out of the net and makes a point.

"Come on guys let play!" Mr. Robinson makes teams and of course I ain't with Ashton.

"So Edwards how you doing." I hear the Australian voice from Luke say.

"Why are you in every subject I actually like?" I groan and I start jogging in the direction of the ball.

"You obviously like them because I have those classes too." I roll my eyes at him. Luke should shut up I mean what's his problem does he like to annoy me?

Is he mean to every new kid?

Does he hate girls?

And why all the tattoos?

And what about the piercings?

I hear Luke laugh at me and I growl taking the ball away from the other team and making a goal.

"You see it's for pussies!" I hear Michael yell after me.

"Shut up Clifford." Luke groans at his friend and I smile running over to Ashton.

"I'm going to beat you guys." I joke at him and I poke him.

"What is going on with Hemmings and you?" He ignores my sentence directly.

"What do you mean Ash?"

"Luke is from the dark side Julia, he is broken. You have no idea don't you?" I turn around and see Luke and Michael playing football.

"What about Michael?" I ask.

"Even worse.."

"What?"

"He lost him parents at an age of 3." I say nothing. I lost my dad, I was 5 but it's still horrible for him.

"What about Luke?" I mumble and I see Ashton's face expression change.

"Julia just stay away okay!" He doesn't bother to continue.

*

When I walk out of the school, I feel a hand touch my shoulder.

"Wait." The voice echoes in my head.

LUKE.

"What do you want?" I mumble turning around.

He places his lip ring between his lips and plays with it. I stare at it. It is actually kinda hot. He narrows his eyes at me his foot tapping on the ground slowly.

"You've gotta be kidding Julia. I know Ashton told bad things about me. I could see it in his eyes." He states.

"So? What's your point you don't even know me." I say and I walk further.

"Julia stop. Just don't believe a word." Luke growls he takes my arm and drags me to the nearest wall. Puts me close to it and holds me with only one hand.

"Luke!" I yell. He crinkles his nose.

"Don't ever let that d*ck tell shit about me." He leans closer to me whispering in my ear. Goosebumps started filling my skin. I feel extremely lost and scared at the same time.

"Then tell me the truth." I say trying to get him off me.

"Shut up." He groans and lets go of my arms.

"You are such a pussy not even telling me!" I yell walking off the parking lot.

"SHUT UP" I hear Luke yell at me.

"F*ck off Luke." I walk across the street. Finally, I see my house and I feel so much better.

"Well you are late." My mom sits on her sofa with her arms crossed. It has only been a half hour past the normal time I get home.

"I walked remember." I say and suddenly I see a pair of shoes I remember, Michael's.

The doorbell rings and I open it facing Luke. My eyes widen and I have no clue what to do.

"Long time ago I saw your pretty face." Luke whispers and turns to my mom.

"Hello. I am Luke a friend of Joel, is he here?" Luke says, he sounds different his voice is calm, polite.

"Julia why don't you show Luke the way?" My mom says I groan and walk upstairs.

"So you are his sister." He concludes softly.

"Luke why are you here?" I ask him annoyed.

"To be with you." He jokes smirking and places his arms around my waist.

"My mom is listening I swear." He unwraps his arms right away and follows me upstairs.

"You know Julia, you should hang out with me sometime." He places his hand on my waist.

"Luke-" All of a sudden I feel his lips on mine making my heart flutter.

Butterflies fill my stomach. My legs start to shake slightly and his hands are within a second around my waist. His lips are soft, cold but then I realize who I'm kissing and I stop.

"See you later beautiful." He whispers and opens the door of Joel's room before getting in. I feel I'm blushing.