Chapter 2

"There we are." My mom says and I feel the plane land. I have no idea how long I've been in this plane but it was way too long. I see Joel is still sleeping.

"Joel." I whisper in his ear. He opens his eyes as he yawns. He looks around like he's lost noticing he's in a plane. He sighs loudly and gets up from his window seat grabbing all his stuff and candy wrappers from his seat.

I get up as well and pack our hand luggage. I hand him his. We leave the plane and look around the big airport. Mom leads us to the parking lots where we grab a cab and leave towards the downtown of Sydney.

I feel the stare of my mom on me as I place my luggage in the trunk of the car. I then sit down next to my brother who is quietly playing a game on his phone.

*

"This key doesn't fit!" I hear my mom yell when I finally have taken all our luggage from the trunk. The cab driver drives away right away when I close it.

I look up at mom and see her struggling with the keys. I take them out of her hand, Joel's eyes still on his phone.

"Mom you had it upside down." I roll my eyes and open the door trowing all the bags in the apartment.

The apartment is dark. There are some things left from the old users. Some windows are dirty and there are spiders everywhere. There is a big sofa, a dinner table a coffee table and a site table with a television. It looks like a set from a horror movie, and yes I love those but not to live in. Just to watch. My body shivers before I walk further trough.

The kitchen is just as dirty as the rest of the house. Little insects are all over the cupboards along with their poo.

I pick up my bags again sighing and make my way into a little room. I guess this is mine?

"That's mine!" I hear Joel yell behind me his eyes still on the screen he is probably engaged to already.

I sigh and walk over to the bigger one. I don't mind having a bigger room at all but I'm just so tired. All I want is sleep.

I throw my bags in the corner and roll on the bed mom already bought here. I take my laptop out of my bag logging into Skype even though the connection sucks, it does connect.

"JULIA!" Alex screams dancing around in her room. Alex is one of those people who is always scared a plane might crash, so that's why she's so happy I guess.

"Hey calm down Alex!" I laugh at her. She sits back on the chair in front of her laptop.

"Show me around in your mom's 'perfect new house!' " She laughs me rolling my eyes and nodding taking my laptop trough the house.

"AAAAAH" I almost drop my laptop, swears left my lips.

"Damn it Alex it's only a little spider!" I say looking at the little guy on the ground just casually walking around a bit.

I leave the hall and go sit back on my bed.

"What's that with the spiders?" She asks drinking a bit of her Coke.

"Don't know!" I look at the clock on my laptop. It's already 11. We ate in the plane if you wonder by the way. It tasted like it was far over the date they advised.

"Fvck Alex I need to go to bed I have school tomorrow! Bye!" I quickly tell her.

"Well bye Julia see you, I mean talk to you later." She replies almost tearing up.

"Bye!" I say and go offline.

I change into my pjm's and lay back on my pillow.

Why does mom do this to us?