Chapter 1

"Why Sydney?" Alex says, she takes her backpack off and sits down next to me on the pavement. The street is quiet, everyone is probably asleep. I had never felt this empty before, nor did I have a clue on how I was going to get trough all of this.

I look up at Alex's  green eyes. She tries to smile but she loses hope and looks down, tears start to go down her cheeks.

"I have already told you Alex, mom her work." I say.

Only one day left. One day.

"I can't." Alex says and I also start crying. More tears streaming down her cheeks make me cry even more. I get her to look at me.

"I don't wanna go." I mumble while wiping my tears away. Alex hugs me carefully.

"I really don't want to Alex believe me! But we'll get trough this right? We are two strong confident women. Right? ... No we aren't I have no idea how I am going to do this." I continue crying.

"I'm so sorry for you." She says as she stops hugging me.

Suddenly my phone starts buzzing and plays off my All Time Low ring tone way too loud.

We both burst out in laughter, still crying though. We roll our eyes at my phone when I see my mom's name as I answer the call. We both hate her and her behavior.

"Julia we are going to pack our stuff, come home!" She yells in my ear. Alex gives me a look.

"Yeah sure mom." I roll my eyes at Alex and she giggles.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes mom." I answer her.

"Yeah, love you." My mom mumbles as the line goes dead. Silence, awkward.

I stand up and turn around seeing Alex staring thoughtless at the street. The street I once got taught to ride my little pink bike on.

"I have to go Alex." I mumble. She shrugs and then looks away again. I've never had been in an awkward situation with her but hey here you go.

"I got it." She says and hugs me once more. I can hear her soft crying continue as I leave her standing there.

"I'll call you!" She yells after me as I turn around and walk back home.

This is probably the last time I will see Alex in a long long time. It feels horrible.

horrible

Before I can't even knock at the door, mom pulls it open and takes my arm. Pulling me in I almost fall over the boxes. She drags me up the stairs to my old room. Tape from posters still on the walls.

"Julia do you wanna take this with you?" She takes my old sweats out of a box.

I nod and get my headphones out of the dump box. I put them on and start packing whilst crying and humming along. I wonder how it was possible to hurt your child this much. Wasn't it some kind of abuse, because to be honest I assume it is.

i hate my life

*

"WAKE UP YOU LAZY ASS!" I can hear Joel scream. Brothers these days. I am just joking, he is always like that.

"Thanks Joel." I say softly and jump out bed and open my closet. Only my old sweats and a sweater I'm going to wear in the plane are there. Sad though.

I wish everything was still there. I wish I could stay here. My little save world here in London, is for me so much more worth than mom's job. School was going great and she just picks us up and moves us to the other side of the world.

I put my clothes on and brush my hair as I put it in a knot. I am still so tired from last night, I couldn't sleep at all. It was warm and sweaty in my room and there was thunder. A lot. Too much. I couldn't sleep and couldn't read. I stayed up until 4 and now I am just awoken by my awesome brother at 8.

I brush my teeth put on some mascara and head downstairs, where I find Joel eating and mom stressing around. She is grabbing clothes from the couch placing them in the boxes.

"Oh you found your headphones. I lost them while packing." My mom lies trying to sound sympathetic.

I give her a fake smile and roll my eyes at Joel. He laughs at me. I take some food out of the fridge and make some tea. Mm. My mom should buy this tea more often. Oh wait maybe they don't sell it on the other side of the world?!

I hear my mom yelling at Joel for forgetting his underwear so I decide to get in the car already. This family is driving me crazy. If only dad would still be here.. I miss him way too much. And I think about him too much. At least someone in this family thinks about their feelings. The rest just pushes it away.

The car is so full I can't even move. I fall asleep with my headphones on.

*

"JULIA WHERE ARE YOU?" I hear my mom scream. In annoyance I get up yawning. I knock on the window and I see mom noticing me. She growls and I just shrug.

"What?" I say. She growls once more and Joel steps into the car and sits down next to me.

"Time of the month." He whispers in my ear. I laugh and nod.

My mom starts the car and drives us to the airport. She drives trough red lights and I am literally shaking. We arrive and I see Alex standing there. Well thank God I made it out alive.

"ALEX!" I cry out and I run into her arms. She says nothing but pulls instead her face in my neck. I feel her crying.

"We are leaving Julia!" I hear my mom shout. For once more I hug Alex and I walk to the plane. My mom waves at Alex and I just walk into the plane. My eyes are red and my cheeks wet. I see Joel is crying too.

Mom obviously hates us.

--------------------

Hello there lovely reader!

Cool you are reading my story! At the moment I am fixing typos and stuff like that! Feel free to point typos out!

I am not English, keep that in mind and my grammar gets better throughout the book. Don't judge me because of that, I'll try to fix the first chapters bad grammar when I finish the book.

I know there are some weird parts like in chapter eight but I can not remove all as they may be mentioned by any of the characters later on in the book. And they are mentioned.

I know readers have commented things like "what the f.ck?" a lot of times on it. I want to ask you reading this to not comment on it, I know it's out of nowhere but please don't point it out anymore. Please just ignore it.

If you read on your phone you'll see gifs above some chapters. All are from Tumblr, credits and thanks to the rightful owners. I added them as little something to just smile at.

For any questions or business stuff , what ever you may want to talk about feel free to message me on here. If you prefer my social media links are in my bio too. It's up to you.

Now go ahead go to the next page! Go enjoy the book! I have more books on my profile you can check out if you want to too!