Chapter 28 "What Now?"

3rd Perspective
Ezra walked out of the base and went to a small storage next to it, also hidden, but not as much as the base. He typed in a code and the storage door opened. In the storage area there were speeders. Different types of transportation vehicles that can hold up to three or less people. Ezra hopped on to a black speeder with intersecting white lines, his personal favorite, and drove off. Ezra used the Force to close the door.

He past lots people of Kingston, and many of them said hello or good afternoon. Ezra couldn't replied fast enough, so he just nodded. It makes Ezra smile everyday to just see these people, the people that thank him and the Spectres for stand up against the Empire.

Once Ezra started to get closer to the palace, he slowed down, there could be stormtroopers guarding the perimeter of the palace. He sighed in relief. No stormtroopers were around, only the captain of Lothal's Security Forces was waiting for him. The one that cares for the fill in princesses safety. (Copied Naboo's Royal Naboo Security Forces and Captain Panaka)

"Mr. Bridger," the Captain greeted. He was waiting on the steps that lead to the entrance of the palace.

"Captain," Ezra replied getting off the speeder. Ezra looked around one more time.

"And no. There will be no stormtroopers guarding the palace today." Ezra sighed in relief again.

"What does the princess want to talk about anyways?" Ezra asked, walking up the gray and white mixed stairs.

"She says she has to talk to you personally and that she has information for you, too," the Captain said, walking beside him.

Ezra's eyebrows rose up in happiness. He hasn't had information from the princess in a long time. The last time he got information from the princess was about mining happening on other planet's too, not just Lothal. They arrived at the entrance.

The palace was made out of mostly stone and other rare rocks only found under Lothal's tough surface. Wasn't much of a colorful place, light colors only. The Captain pushed open the heavy brown doors. Both of them were welcomed by a grand hallway. (Image up top)

There was complete silence between the Captain and Ezra, but it wasn't the awkward type of silence. They arrived in a meeting room where the princess was waiting. There was a large gray table in the room with five chairs on each side and one chair on both ends. The princess was looking out a window, admiring at Kingston's lights being born from the darkness. The Captain cleared his throat.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you have arrived," the princess apologized. She walked to her chair. She was wearing a pale blue dress with her brown hair up in a bun. The dress was covering up to her chest and her upper back was showing. She also had jewels wrapping around her stomach.

 She also had jewels wrapping around her stomach

(I just had too ^^^^)

The princess sat down on an end chair and Ezra sat two chairs down from her.

"No need to apologize Princess Rena," Ezra said. She just smiled.

"So, what did you have to tell me?" Princess Rena sat up straight, ready to give him the information she learned.

"You know how the Empire is mining Lothal and other planets?"

Yes, I do."

"Turns out they have a very big purpose for all the mining," Princess Rena said. Ezra also sat up straight. He knew there was mining going around, but he never found the answer why the mining was happening in the first place.

"What is the purpose?" Ezra asked, in a serious voice.

"Well," she sighed. "I don't know if the information is fully correct, but they are looking for something rare. A type of gem that says to possess some type of great energy. The Empire also said it can be inserted into a machine and give it great power, and that the power the gem holds can not be stopped by anything."

Ezra thought for a moment. What gem possesses such great power that can't be stopped? Is such power even real? Ezra thought hard, he remember when he went undercover as and Imperial cadet named Dev Morgan to infiltrate information to his crew. The information included something about a powerful crystal they found on a planet, then he got it.

"Kyber crystals," Ezra came to a conclusion. Princess Rena had a muddled look.

"Kyber crystals? Where did you get that from?"

"Think about. These gems are rare and are scattered on planets throughout the galaxy. And kyber crystals are used for lightsabers and lightsabers can cut threw almost anything," Ezra explained.

"More like everything," Princess Rena corrected him. She looked at the Captain and nodded, the Captain left the room, quietly. "So, I recently heard about your old crew escaping from frozen carbonite. Is it true?"

Ezra got up and walked to a window. The lights of Kingston were already on. The city was burning brighter than all of Lothal's cities and towns put together. "Yes, the Ghost crew is no longer frozen in carbonite."

"Is it a bad thing?" Princess Rena approached Ezra.

"Not at all."

"Then why say it in such a depressed voice?" Princess asked.

"It's just," Ezra turned to face her. "I haven't seen my old crew in such a long time and doubted that they will ever be unfrozen, that I have created my own team here on Lothal. Where I promised them I will always be there to protect them and that I wouldn't let our team be torn apart. But, now that my old crew is here--"

Ezra sighed and looked down. He didn't want to continue. Princess Rena got closer to him and put her hands on his shoulders, she wants to know more. He looked up.

"I have to choose between my old crew or my current crew."

"And who are you going to choose?"

"That's the problem. I can't choose," Ezra responded.

The room was now dim. The sun was now behind Lothal's mountains. Barley any light went through the windows, yet the cities lights brightened the room up, just enough to see half of each others faces in the dark.

Her brown eyes twinkled, so did Ezra's blue eyes. Princess Rena's eyes begged him to stay here on Lothal, that Lothal's people needed him, she needed him. Yet, Princess Rena's eyes also said to go with the Ghost crew. The Ghost crew needed his help on missions, the Rebel Fleet needed him and so did Kanan and the rest.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Princess Rena let her arms drop to her side.

"I'll have to make a decision whether to stay or not," Ezra headed for the doors. Leaving the princess in the dark room. The princess was going to chase after him, but she didn't.

'What's the point of doing so,' she thought.

"Hey, Ezra," she mumbled.

"Yes Rena?" Princess Rena smiled. She liked it when he call her Rena not Princess Rena. Ezra knew her to well, well what are friends for if they don't know anything about you.

"Try to choose who you want to go with not only your brain, but also with your heart."

Princess Rena left the room through another door. Ezra kept repeating the words over and over in his mind as he left the palace. He got to the speeder and turned it on. He looked back at the palace.

"I will."