Chapter 19 "The Captured Story"

(Lexi's eye color. And of course, picture not mine.)

Hera's Prospective
"What's this mission about?" I asked. Lexi didn't answer at first.

"Well, it is a simple supply run Ezra had planned, but never finished because of another mission we had," Lexi said with the word mission sounding sarcastic.

Okay, either it's me or this is the reason why Ezra isn't with the Spectres. The mission must have failed and that's the reason why Liz and the Spectres are separated. Why Ezra has been captured by the Empire.

"Well, what happend on this so called mission?" I asked once again. Liz and Lexi looked at each other then turned back to face us. Their facial expressions being gloomy.

"Well, uh, you see. The Empire were shipping supplies on Hoth. Yet, when Ezra took the files of the shipping, it turned out to be a trap for us or the Rebel Fleet," Liz responded. Ara made an Imperial file appear before us. There it said supplies were being shipping to Hoth. A bit of false information and later said that is was a trap for the Spectres or the Rebel Fleet.

"You guys fell for it on purpose?" Zeb wondered. It's true, why would they go if they already knew it was a trap.

"We pretended of course but, we only did it because Master Bridger wanted the Spectres to take the hit. Not the Rebel Fleet." Liz said. Ara put away the Imperial file and went back to Lexi's side.

"Why wouldn't Ezra let the Rebel Fleet take the hit?" Sabine asked. Lexi thought to herself. Probably forgot what Ezra said.

"Oh, he said that if the Rebel Fleet fell for it, the Empire would have done a big and powerful attack. With the Spectres, they would only do a medium attack. Truely, I don't see the difference," Lexi replied.

"Yes, I don't see the difference either. But the Rebel Fleet thanks the Spectres for not letting us fall for it," Ahsoka said in a soothing voice. Lexi and Liz nodded once.

I still say it would have been better if we fell for it. I'm pretty sure the Empire wanted us to fall for it the most. The Spectres didn't deserve to do it. They lost Ezra because of it. Yet, there's one thing that doesn't make sense.

"Why was Ezra the only one to be captured?" I questioned. Wouldn't at least someone else like Liz get captured. She is a Jedi, too. The Empire is hungry for them.

"Do we tell them what happend," Liz looked at Lexi, waiting for an answer.

"If we have to but, I will only tell it so the Ghost crew understand better." Lexi said. Finally, we will know what is going on for once. Ever since Liz found us and we brought her here there has been nothing but confusion going around the fleet.

"Alright, Master Bridger made up a plan. That only us three will go. The Spectres stayed on Lothal just in case something bad happend. Which did, once we landed on Hoth we walked through the thick snow and the deadly cold winds. Heading for the fake shipment. We talked for a while until Master Bridger and I sensed something." Liz explained. She took a pause and let Lexi pick up where the she ended.

"Turns out the inquisitors where about to ambush us. What a surprise!" Lexi said with sarcasm taking over her vocals. "Anyways, once the inquisitors attacked us, Ezra and Liz went into battle mode. Luckly for me, they had no stormtroopers with them. So, I shot from a far."

Liz and Lexi alternated between the story. Each one giving specific details about the fight and what was happening. Lexi got shot in her right arm twice. It wouldn't have happend if only the inquisitors didn't reflect her blaster's shots. For Liz on the other hand, she was getting cornered to the end of a cliff.

"The inquisitor was getting closer, forcing me to walk backwards to my own death. She told me give up, to join them, typical inquisitor talk. And to make matters worse, I didn't have my lightsaber with me," Liz explained some more.

"What does that have to do about Ezra being captured?" Zeb growled. I slightly elbowed him in the arm. Giving him my 'be quiet' look. He rubbed his left arm even though I didn't elbow him hard.

"Just listen Zeb," Lexi shook her head. Liz continued.

"She swung herself forward, ready to cut me into little pieces. And that's when Ezra comes in." Liz answered Zeb's question. "Master Bridger attacked the inquisitor from behind making him and the 9th Sister fall off the cliff."

"He couldn't have survived that!" Sabine shrieked.

"Actually yes, usually there are big piles of fluffy snow under cliffs. And besides, he could have slowed down the fall by using the force. Either way, they both survived." Lexi finished off the story.

"Usually," I heard Sabine mumble under her breath.

"Anyways, we tried to run back to the ship, the 2nd Brother disappeared from plain site and a TIE fighter came. It shot in between the gap of us both making us fly in different directions," Lexi added. "The dumb pilot thought we were both died and left. I went back to the ship because I heard Liz yell from across the snow. It sounded as if she was buried in snow and once I got there, I flew away."

"I went to the small town and was able to sneek onto a space shuttle to what thought was heading to Lothal. But it lead me to Garel. I couldn't use anything to contact the Spectres and waited until I was able to catch a ride. That ride turned out to be the Ghost crew," Liz commented.

"That was a dangerous act for Ezra to commit," Kanan noted. When will Kanan understand that Ezra is no longer an irresponsible kid.

"True, but he did it because he cares about Liz."

"Master Bridger cares about us all. He would have done if it were you, too," Liz smiled.

"He does it because he doesn't what to lose the people that are close to him. He won't let someone else he cares deeply about slip away from his protection," Lexi said putting a hand on Liz's shoulder. They both put on a smile.

Those words kind of hurt me for some reason. Ezra has done many things to protect the crew from danger but, he has never risked his own life. He cares about us, we're his team, his family. Yet, he has his own team now, his own family. Did Liz and Lexi replace us? Will Ezra see us as he did before? Will he even let us help with his small rebellion on Lothal?

I looked over at Liz and Lexi. Both smiling at the crew. Maybe I'm over thinking this. Ezra would never replace us. Right? No he wouldn't. Lexi and Liz are just two more people added to our small family.

"What mission are we going on next?" I asked for the last time.

"The mission Ezra never finished," Lexi replied.

"We are?"

"Yes we are."

"But we don't know what Master Bridger had planned for this," Liz said in a worried tone. Lexi chuckled.

"I finished his plan."

"You did?" Liz pondered.

"Well of course, I'm the second one in charge when Ezra isn't around," Lexi bragged.

"Actually no. Zare is the second one in charge of the Spectres when Ezra isn't around."

"No he isn't. Is he?"

"Yes I am Lexi," Zare answered her question. He was coming closer to us. I bet he was trying to know what was going on.

"Well then, next time tell me before I take charge when you know you are in charge," Lexi reminded him. Her head slightly went down. I guess she was a bit embarrassed.

"Yes ma'am."

~I can sense Ezra approaching soon. But it is hard to tell.