Chapter 32 "Going Back"

3rd Perspective
Kanan, Hera, Ezra, Liz, and Lexi came back from the palace with Ezra's newly repaired leg.

"The princess isn't as old as I thought," Hera commented. Kanan, Hera, and Ezra were sitting in the kitchen table with drinks in their hands.

"You're not the only one that thought that," Ezra said, taking a sip from his drink.

"How old is she anyways?"

"She's only 25."

"Look at that, only one year older than you Hera," Kanan pointed out. Hera rolled her eyes.

"Alright, I had enough of this. We have to get back to the Rebel Fleet, it's worrying me that Commander Sato hasn't contacted us yet," Hera said, she stood up. "I'll go get the others, you head to the ship."

"Wait, what about Ezra?" Kanan asked. Ezra sat their quietly. He didn't know if he wanted to go back, the thought of what Commander Sato and what he thinks about him annoy's him.

"Well, Ezra would you like to come with us?" Hera questioned. Ezra hesitated for a second.

"S-sure, why not." Ezra's tone was shaky.

"Okay, well, come along," Hera was about to leave the room.

"Hera wait," Ezra stopped her from leaving. "Should I come alone with you guys?"

"If you want to bring Liz or Lexi or both, I'm fine with that." Hera left the room.

"See you at the ship," Kanan smiled then left. Ezra was left alone with his nervousness overwhelming him.

'Will the Rebel Fleet even accept me after how much damage I've caused them?' Ezra soon left the kitchen, too.

Ezra wondered around the base trying to find Liz and Lexi. He wanted to tell them he was leaving with the Ghost crew, alone. He came across Liz talking to Zare about something.

"Hey Liz?" Ezra called out.

"Yes Master?" Liz replied.

"I'll talk to you later," Zare whispered, Liz nodded her head.

"I'm leaving."

"Where to?"

"To the Rebel Fleet," Ezra said. Liz had a small shocked expression.

"Okay Master, are you going alone?"

"Yes, do you mind telling Lexi?"

"Not at all. Good luck with the fleet," Liz headed upstairs.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Ezra exclaimed, yet he did know what it ment. Liz just laughed and left. Ezra headed to the Ghost. Once he got to the Ghost, the crew was already there. He was greeted by Sabine

"Finally, your here. We began to think you weren't coming after all," Sabine said.

"I wouldn't bail on you guys," Ezra said. They entered the cockpit, Hera already flew the ship out of the parking area and entered the atmosphere.

"So, are you ready to go back to the Rebel Fleet?" Kanan asked. Ezra sat down on Sabine's chair and Sabine sat down on Zeb's.

"Well, not as much, but yeah. I guess you can say I'm ready."

"Why aren't you sure?" Hera asked. Ezra rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's just that," he sighed. "Since you guys were frozen in carbonite you probably don't know this, but I caused the fleet to lose many pilots and two of their ships."

The crew stayed silent. Commander Sato hasn't mentioned that they were missing two ships, maybe because they rebuilt them again, but still.

"That's in the past now Ezra, don't let it get to you," Hera cooed. Ezra nodded.

(Time Skip to Rebel Fleet)

"Well, we're here," Hera mentioned. The Ghost crew headed to where Commander Sato was, it was quiet, which made a bit awkward.

'I regret coming here,' Ezra thought. 'Pretty sure Sato just wants the information I know, he doesn't want me back here, he just wants what is important to the Rebel Fleet. And once he gets the information, he'll want me to leave as quick as possible.'

The crew arrived in the room they were before they left. Ahsoka and Sato stopped chatting and looked at Ezra. The room went ghost quiet. For a brief second the Ghost crew looked at Ezra with a smile, trying not to make him more nervous than he was before.

Ahsoka gave Ezra a warm welcoming, Ezra smiled back. Even though they battled only a few times after he joined the Empire, all of them ended up in a tie. After all this time, they both are still friends, not that Ezra ever chose to not be friends with her. All those times him and Ahsoka were fighting, both of them didn't want to hurt each other. Yet, Ezra never came to a conclusion to ever realize that until he left. Commander Sato didn't even try to raise a smile on his pale face, he had his normal serious face.

"It's been since I last seen you," Ahsoka walked up to Ezra.

"I could say the same." Ezra was still a bit shorter than her, but he still didn't mind.

"Hello Ezra," Commander Sato interrupted.

"Hello Commander Sato," Ezra tried to respond without disgust in his voice, but he failed.

'Very nice impression Ezra. You just replied to the guy that was your enemy for 2 years that is now giving you chance to make up for it in disgust,' Ezra thought.

"I can see you are still not over the incident that happend a few years back."

"Oh I'm over, you're just not over it. Besides, you rebuilt the ships anyways, don't bring it up to make me feel guilty. It won't work," Ezra said firmly and walked to the projector.

Ahsoka looked at Sato with irritation in his eyes, she shrugged and followed Ezra. She obviously forgave Ezra already, but not Commander Sato. Not yet.

He cleared his voice, "You do realize that more than twenty-four of the Rebel Fleet's members died, right? In just one of the ships."

"Listen Sato, I feel bad for the member's that died, okay? I didn't mean to do it alright? I let my anger get to me," Ezra explained.

"Doesn't seem like you don't feel bad at all. Also, blaming your actions because of your anger? Childish move."

"Am I supposed to be all sad and seem guilty for 2 years because of one little thing? Wrong! And who said I blamed my anger for my actions, I take full responsibility for what I did, four years ago." Erza said fiercely, especially the last part. "Let. It. Go."

Ezra's hands were now formed into a fist. Hera placed her gentle hand on his shoulder, he turned to face her. He calmed down.

"Let's forget all of this, forget that Ezra ever did anything to the fleet. We are here to talk about the information Ezra was kind enough to share with us." Hera looked at her crew and Commander Sato. "He doesn't have to share the info he has and he doesn't have too."

~Sorry I haven't updated for a while, I have a personal reason for that. And thank you for being patient. That's why the book say's/said 'on hold.' I'm not sure when the next update will come though, so, yeah. You might wait for a bit. Also, I have a feeling that the book might come to an end soon.
-ThatSassyPadawan =%=