Chapter 11 "Padawan"

3rd Perspective
"I'll let you go this time, but only because I need that padawan," spat the 2nd Brother. He ran into the shadows of the builds, fading away into the darkness of the alley.

"There's no time to waste, we need that girl!" Kanan shouted.

"Kanan, she could be lying," Zeb replied. He didn't trust the girl, even after all of that just happened.

"She can't be lying. She knew all of us. And the 2nd Brother knew that the girls master is Ezra," Ahsoka said. They ran into the Ghost. Chopper was there checking the scanners again. Everybody sat down, but Ahsoka.

This seems impossible to believe, Zeb thought. The Ghost took off, chasing after the squadron. And of course the girl.

"Captain Hera there is only two TIE fighters left, but one is ticky to shoot at," the pilot said through the transmission that is connected to the Ghost.

"Don't worry, we are on our way," Hera responded.

A few minutes later the Ghost crew was finally caught up with the chase. All of the 6 pilots were alright. The other one was on the ship at the cannons.

"I'll try to contact the girl." Hera said. A TIE fighter was shot down only one left. This must me the tricky one they were talking about.

"Hello, this is Hera. Can you hear me?"

Static was the only thing the crew heard.

"Her com is either turned off or it no longer works," Sabine explained.

A minute later the TIE fighter slowed down and got behind ship number 4 ready to shoot. The other ships try to shoot it, but its shields were strong. Since when do TIE fighters have shields. This must be a prototype, Sabine thinked. A few seconds later ship number 2, the one the teen was flying, crashed into the TIE fighter that was chasing the other ship.

The TIE fighter exploded in the atmosphere into debris. The ship the girl was in was falling to the ground. Fire started to form in the back. That must have been the engine. Black smoke was also coming from the back snd gray smoke that was inside the tiny ship. She could be choking, trying to gasp fresh air in the dark cold night.

"No, no, no!" Kanan shrieked. Everyone did. Seeing the girl about to plummet to her death was the hardest thing to watch. Soon enough, the ship fell to the ground. Head first.

"Get ready to bring her into the ship, understood?" Hera asked. They all nodded. The ship landed a few feet from the crash. This time they will be able to help her. The crew saw the pilots surrounding the crashed ship. One of them was holding the girl in his arms walking to the crew. He was looking down to the teen with a depressed face.

"She crashed her ship into the TIE for me," the pilot whispered. A single tear came down his cheek. It was hard to see due to the fact he was wearing a helmet.

"She's alive right?" Ahsoka questioned. He nodded. Relieved Kanan put his shaking hands under the teens limp body and carried her close to his chest. She felt cold, but Kanan felt her heart beat. It was slow. Carefully he went back into the ship without saying a word.

"Thank you." Hera responded with a kind voice. She looked at the wrecked ship on the ground. It was caught on fire, with smoke coming out of it. The wings were broken off and lying on the grass that was now burned. The pilots went back to their ships wanting to get away from this tragedy. The crew and Ahsoka fast walked into the ship without saying a word.

-Time skip into hyperspace-

"Where did you put her Kanan?" Sabine asked. Her eyes were a bit red on the outside.

"In Zebs room."

"My room! Why?" Zeb said in an angry voice.

"It was the closest room," Kanan said to Zeb. "Calm down Zeb, geez!"

"We're here!" Hera shouted. The Rebel Fleet looked normal as ever. But, now, the Ghost crew were bringing a gift. Though, it was no gift. They connected with the command ship. Kanan was carrying the girl. The rest were walking behind him with the supplies. Walking past pilots that looked, yet neither of them made a sound.

"Good to- what happend?" Commander Sato wondered. He had a face of 'surprise' and 'horror.' Kanan kept on walking to med bay. He wants this girl healthy. She could tell them where Ezra is. If she wasn't lying. Ezra as a master fascinated Kanan and the rest. Ezra was so immature, so responsible, so childish. Yet, he was a smart kid.

Kanan put her down gently on the comfy warm bed. And walked out of the room. We went to the rest of the crew. They were talking to Commander Sato about what happend.

"Is this true Kanan? That the young woman you brought in is Ezras padawan?" Commander Sato demanded for answers.

"Yes, it is true. Or at least we think so." Kanan uttered.

"You think? This could be dangerous. Bringing a stranger to the fleet could cause us trouble." Commander Sato replied. He turned around and walked away. Talking to himself.

Kanans Perspective
This can't be happening. This came so sudden. Finding out Ezra has a padawan, that he could be out there somewhere, or that maybe this is all a set up. Ezra might still be working for the Empire and his "padawan" is just some undercover spy of something.

"Kanan are you alright?" Hera said. Snapping her fingers at me realizing I zoned out.

"Yea. I'm fine," I lied.

"Are you sure?" She asked again. This time staring into my eyes. She was reading my mind. She knows something is troubling me.

"I just can't wait to talk to Ezras padawan."

~Not as long as the others, but I kinda didn't know what to write sooo... Yea, bye!