Chapter 14

Max's POV

"What happened to you, after college?" I asked. We'd spent an hour in that lift, not hearing from anyone. Amber didn't bring her phone, and I had no credit left on mine, which was convenient. We were sitting on the floor of the lift, next to each other.

"Um, not much..." she said. I could hear a trace of nervousness in her voice, like she was hiding something from me.

"You sure?" I asked again. "What did you get up to?"

"Well, I left collage and got a job at a supermarket. Cool, I know," she chuckled, "Then I found someone."

Had she already moved on so quickly? Did she just forget about me? Well, that's understandable, I nearly fucking cheated on her!

"He was called Jay. He was nice." she said. I could hear her voice crack, like she was tearing up, but I couldn't see her face.

"Amber?! What's wrong?!" I asked, instantly getting worried. I hated her being upset. 

"Max?" she sobbed into my arm. "I can trust you can't I?"

I reached out for her face and wiped the tears streaming down her face.

"Of course you can," I soothed her.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked. I nodded my head but then I realized she wouldn't be able to see.

"Yes,"

"One night, we came back from this party and he was really, really drunk. And then he wanted to do some stuff, but I didn't want to. Then he hit me." 

I felt my stomach drop. 

"And he forced me to...to-" I cut her off.

"It's okay, I understand." I said, wrapping my arm around her. I can't believe someone would do that. Just the thought made me sick. She cried into my shoulder. I scooped her into my arms and sat her on my lap. She curled into the fetal postion, leaning against my chest. I gently stroked her hair. I couldn't quite take it all in... If I hadn't made that stupid mistake years ago, this wouldn't have happened. It was all my fault.

Hey! So, do you think it is Max's fault? tell me what you think below? :) xx <3 love all of ya