Chapter 12

Amber's POV

"You didn't have a nightmare, did you?" Rosie asked, as she handed me a glass of orange juice. I shook my head.

"No, surprisingly. But, there was a thunder storm," I laughed uneasily.

"What did you do?" she asked.

"It was fine, Max managed to calm me down," I said.

"Woah, woah, woah! He calmed you down! How is that possible?" she asked, in fake shock.

"Oh, good one," I laughed sarcastically.

"Seriously, I thought the only thing that cheered you up was tea, chocolate and a couple episodes of Adventure Time," she smiled.

"Yup, that helps too," I laughed, "Anyway, I better get back to the guys."

"Okay, but be careful," she warned me

"Be careful of what?" I asked, my laughing dying down a little.

"I don't want you to get hurt again," she said, frowning slightly, "I know you didn't tell me what happened between you and Max, but I know that he hurt you. Badly."

Well, that's put me in a sad mood. I had been purposely avoiding even thinking about that these past days...

~START FLASHBACK~

"Josh, do you know where Max is?" I asked Josh, who was grabbing a bottle of beer from the fridge. Last time I saw him, he was incredibly drunk, so I got him a glass of water.

"I think he went upstairs..." he slurred before falling over and face planting the floor. He didn't even bother to get up. 

"These tiles are so comfy..." he sighed before closing his eyes. I laughed and started to walk the staircase, dodging Chris who was passed out and leaning against the banister. This was a friends house, so I didn't know what doors lead to. I opened the first one, and it lead to a big bathroom, with a girl asleep in the bathtub. I closed the door and went to the next room, which was a bedroom, which was thankfullt empty. I went to the next one, which I presumed was a bedroom too. I slowly opened the door, to see a couple making out. They were kissing passionatly, the girl was stripped down to her bra and pants, and the guy had taken his top off. I went to close the door, feeling extremley awkward. Then I reconised the swoopy brown hair and short frame . I dropped the glass of water in my hand, causing it to splash all over the carpet. It felt my heart had been ripped right out of my chest, then thrown on the floor, stomped on a few times and then stuffed back into my chest.

"Max...?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper. He turned around, his eyes wide with shock and guilt. I can't believe he would do this to me, I thought he loved me. He told me loved me, so many times, and it was all lies? I felt hot tears build up in my eyes as I ran out of the room. I felt sick to my stomach. I let the tears run down my face as I sprinted down the stairs, and out the front door. I started to run down the street, my vision was blurred. I stopped after about five minutes, and slumped against a wall. I didn't bother to wipe my face. Why would he do this? He was my best friend! My boyfriend! That image of him kissing that girl, and running his hands down her replayed in my mind. I sobbed loudly, I didn't understand.

~END FLASHBACK~

I looked down at the floor.

"But, it's not up to me," Rosie said, coming over to me and giving me a hug. It's not like I was going to try and be with him again. Although I would love a relationship like we had, but I couldn't take him back. If he hurt me once, he could do it again. I just hoped to God that he had changed.

Sorry for the short chapters but what ever