Chapter 5

Five hours. Five hours of shopping, and still, I had no dress. Everyone else did, I just couldn't seem to find one that was me. Oh great, now I'm talking like one of those fashion obsessed people.

"Here, try this one," Jess handed me a dress. I walked over to the changing room and slid the curtain shut. I unzipped the bag and looked at it. It was a dark purple with little diamontes coving the top half. I was almost blinded by how much they sparkled. Carefully, I slipped it  off the hanger and held it up agianst my body. There was no way I was going to wear that. It hardly covered me up!

"How is it?" I heard a voice from outside.

"Nope. Not good." I said, pulling it off me. I heard a chorus of groans. I pulled my clothes back on and stepped outside.

"Look, i'll just come shopping another day, I can't be bothered anymore," I said.

"Fine," Amelia said, standing up. "Let's go."

Holly, Amelia, Jess and I walked out of the shop. We passed a Krispy Kreme donut shop, and I could practically hear it calling my name. What? All this shopping is hard work.

"I'm gonna go get some donuts," I stated.

"God, is there ever a time when you're not hungry?" Holly laughed.

"No, not really." I smiled."I'll meet you outside in a minute."

I made my way to Krispy Kreme Donuts, already knowing what to order. I got a Chocolate Dreamcake, my usual. God, I was greedy.

"Hey! Amber!" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw Max, the midget hedgehog boy smiling at me.

"Hi!" I waved. He was sitting at a table with Josh (the singer from their band) and a girl, who I think was called Emily. If I can remember correctly, Emily was Josh's girlfriend. I slid next to Max, who grinned at me.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked.

"Nothing." He smirked. "So, did you find a dress?"

"No, but i'm fucking tired," I sighed, leaning my head back. 

"Why are you here anyway?" I asked him.

"Oh, thanks!" he giggled. I laughed.

"You know what I meant," I said.

"My Mum told me to get a suit. She also said to bring a girl so she could say if it looked good or not, that's why I brought Josh," he smirked. We laughed together as Josh gave us a confused look.

"Anyways, I better go now," I waved goodbye to Josh and Emily, but they were too busy looking into eachothers eyes. Pfft, boyfriend and girlfriend stuff.

"See ya!" I called, making my way to the taxi bay.

~THE NEXT DAY~

Max's POV

Amber was coming round today and I was planning on asking her to the prom that was in three days. I have to admit, I was a little nervous, and I didn't know why. It's not like I was trying to ask her out or anything, although I wish I had the balls to. I knew that if I didn't soon, someone else would beat me to it. I mean, who wouldn't want to be with her? She was beautiful. Everytime I saw her, I couldn't help but smile. The loud door bell sounded throughout the house. I rushed downstairs, eager to see her again, even though it's only been a few hours and swung the door open. She was smiling like mad. She had on light denim jeans with a white baggy tee shirt.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked her.

"I've got something to tell you!" she said excitedly. We raced upstairs, I was keen to hear what this news was.

"So...?" I asked her.

"You know Ben, in my class?" She asked. Of course I did, he was one of the most popular boys in the school. I nodded.

"He's asked me to the Prom!" she squealed excitedly. It felt like I had been kicked in the chest, hard. 

"Really?" I choked out.

"Yes!" she said. I just looked at her. She was so happy. I didn't even know that she knew Ben, let alone talk to him.

"Are you okay? You seem a little...quiet," she asked in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, just feel a little ill," I lied. Well, i did actually feel a little ill.

"Oh, I heard that there's a bug going around. Do you want some time to rest?" she asked.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Oh, well...bye then!" she said and then happily skipped down the stairs.

"Bye." I said. As soon as I heard the front door shut, I buried my head in the pillows. Why would she do that? Well, it's not her fault, how was she to know I was going to ask her? Even if I did, she'd still choose the popular people instead of me. I sighed, and then popped my earphones into my ears and drowned out my thoughts with music.

So the next chapter's gonna be the prom, and then the one after that is when the story begins x Have a nice day, don't get run over.