Chapter 47

Edge

I started hyperventilating and I fell on my knees, I saw Kate rubbing her head and she sat up while my mum rushed to John.

I turned to see Jeremy almost faded away and he smiled weakly.

"Edge you are okay." He muttered. "You are okay."

I rushed to my grandmother who was tending to John chanting a spell. I snatched the necklace from her even though I felt so weak. I know what to do.

I took some of Frey blood and rubbed it on the necklace stone and it glowed then rushed over to Jeremy and placed it on his head.

"Tk.... Zuj.. No.. Adfit.. Mo alio... Fu..." I chanted then I closed my eyes. "Sa... Ju.. Tosh.. Ku... Tospuj."

"Edge." I heard Jeremy's weak voice.

"Sa.. Ju .. Tosh.. Ku... Tospuj... "

"Am sorry Edge." Jeremy's voice sounded a mile away and when I Opened my eyes he was gone.

"No no no no no no no!....." I cried grabbing the sand of the space he occupied.

"Edge." Kate said.

"No no no no." I felt like my world just collapsed and my heart stopped. "Jeremy! Come back please come back. " I cried scattering the sand.

My grandmother arms held my arms but I jerked then everything went blank.

I opened my eyes slowly, my head hurt really badly and I saw Kate staring at me. She had a bandage on her head and looked so pale with black bag under her eyes.

"You are at home, will you like tea or water." Kate said placing her hand on my forehead.

I rolled to my side and grunt. "What happened?"

"You passed out." Kate said.

Jeremy.

"Where is Jeremy?" I asked sounding to foolish as tears filled my eyes.

Kate shook her head. "Edge."

Hot tears started trickling down my face and dropping on the pillow. Kate didn't say a word she only watched me and rubbed my back.

I wanted to tell her to leave me alone but I couldn't talk, I only covered my face with my blanket and was glad Kate didn't say a word.

"What happened to Ben?" I asked.

"He fell on a branch of a tree that went through him." Kate paused. "He died immediately."

"John?" I managed to say.

"They operated on him, he's in coma."

I yanked the blanket off my face. "Are you not scared?"

"Of what?"

I swallowed the lump on my throat. "Of me." I chocked out.

Kate took a deep breath. "You are my friend that's how much I cared."

"You are not angry that I didn't tell you about Jeremy?"

Kate took a deep breath. "I saw Jeremy, I saw how much you mean to him and I don't blame you for not telling me about him."

"Thank you." I reached for her hand.

School.

"Tea, coffee or water and I don't expect you to ask for a drink." Kate said and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"What's the time?"

"Just past five."

"You should go home, you have to go to school."

Kate smiled weakly. "Am not going today."

"Then get some sleep." I pointed to her head. "What happened to your head?"

"Ben's drama but am fine."

"Your parent will surely kill me."

"Don't worry about them, they just left." She informed me.

"Whats the story? Or is it a secret?" I asked curiously.

"You should eat something. We didn't tell about Jeremy." Kate assured me.

A knock came on my door and it opened slowly. "Someone is here to see you." My grandmother said and stepped aside to reveal Christian.

"Hi." Christian said and stepped in closing the door behind him.

"Hey, I will go get the tea." Kate made an excuse and left.

"I heard what my brother did, am so sorry." He apologized.

I shrugged not bothering to wipe my tears. "Glad the son of a bitch is dead." I said firmly.

Christian took a sit beside me and held my hand. "I have no idea that he could ever do such things, capable of this."

"Now you know." I said.

"He told me about Jeremy." He said.

"Yes and I love him." I snapped not caring about what he knows.

"Okay." He took my hand and planted a kiss on it.

"Am back." Kate announced Carrying a mug in her hand.

"I will see you later." Christian said and made his way out of the room.

"Seems like you got a lot of fans, you on TV and there's a lot of people out to see you." Kate said setting the mug on the bedside table.

"For what!" I gasped and quickly run to my window to see a lot of media vehicles parked outside.

"That you almost died in the arms of the psycho and you saved us all."

"With witch craft?"

"Nope, by confessing your fake love to Ben, its a complicated story." Kate said.

I sat on the edge of the bed taking the mug and sipped the tea. "This tea tastes great."

Kate shrugged. "I didn't even get to ask how you want it." Kate said and fling herself on my bed.

I finished my tea to only see Kate fast asleep. I smiled and helped her put off her shoes.

I placed the mug on the table and went to the bathroom. I filled the bathtub with cloth water, i didn't pull off my cloth. It wasn't the cloth I wore this morning.

The water was so cold but I stepped in and scooted down. I relaxed in the cold water which sent shivers down my spine and the water stings. Tears whirled up my eyes and I closed my eyes allowing the hot tears tickled down my face. My heart felt so heavy that I thought I would die from the heart ache.

Jeremy is dead. He's dead.

John is in coma.

Have not seen my mum.

Kate got hurt.

Jeremy is dead.

I kept recalling the words in my head over and over again still I feel like I don't have life again.

I slipped into the water slowly holding my breath allowing the water to swallow me up then I went deeper and deeper till I drifted into unconsciousness.

***I know you don't want Jeremy out of the picture but some things are just bound to happen. Wicked right? I guess not.***