.Chapter 1

Edge

"Morgana...,Morgana!"
I heard my mother called me and I could feel my blood boil over.

How many times do I have to tell her my name is Edge, I seriously don't like Morgana at least Morgan will be great.

Have always hated that name because it sounds ancient and they gave me Edge as a nickname at school but my mother doesn't like the name but I don't care.

"Morgana..." My mother called again.
Today am in no mood for argument that as turned to a normal thing this days.

I wished she could just go away,at least I told her yesterday that am not going to school today.

"What the fuck is it!" I shouted at the top of my voice.

"You will be late for school." She said knocking on my door. "Open the door."

I sit up on my bed and yank the blanket away,I quickly put on my slippers and walked to the door.

I realised am not putting on my nighty,I only have my long shirt on and my mother would complain but I don't care.

"What!" I blurted out as soon as the door was open.

"Today is your first day at school...,don't tell me you slept in this?" She said gesturing to my shirt.

"I told you that am not going." I said  crossing my arms avoiding her question.

"You have stayed home last week and I don't think I can come up with any lies." My mother said her shoulder slump referring to the call she had to make each day to inform the school authorities about my absence in school.

"All I ask you is to leave me alone,you should be glad I packed in with your good for nothing motherfucking boyfriend."

My mother looked hurt but not shocked,it wasn't the first time I will say something like this."We are married. John is a good man, look at us we own a house now."

"By the way am not going to school." I told her sounding disgusted.

"Have already apologized for leaving you all alone on my honeymoon."

I rolled my eyes. "I can't imagine being...." I shook my head. "Trust me I enjoyed my time when you left for your whatever." I lied.

"What as gotten into you Morgana."

"Don't call me that!" I shouted.

"And don't you tell me to call you Edge..., I..."

Without warning I slam the door to her face, now am not in a good mood.

I know am not a nice girl and my mother deserves a good daughter but am trying my best.

I don't know why am so stubborn even though my parent are cool.

I still can't understand why my mum divorced my dad and got married to John and I was so angry about her honeymoon.

The most annoying part is that I had to leave new York and hope for a better life in Light Hill town, now am missing new York, my friends especially my best friend Cassie that wouldn't stop asking how've  been holding up, I miss my school and the gambling, I know my mum must think that she as succeeded in changing me.

I took a seat in front of the dressing table to look at my reflection.

Am really really cute, I have a black curly hair that reached my waist, I have a huge set of brown eyes that looked like Barbie's own, am lean and I have tiny dimples too.

Am really a tough girl that's why am Edge, I can still hear people asking my ex how he's coping with me when we are still together then.

My mum looks nothing like me, she's a blonde and she's really pretty that she looked like she's in her early twenties and when we meet new people they do ask if am her younger sister, she looks like a movie star.

She had issues with my dad and I hope it will get settled until it result to divorce.

Now my dad is married to a lady he met in las Vegas, shes not that pretty but she's sexy and cool, mare looking at her she looks five year older than my dad.

She has a fashion line and my dad is an accountant. I really looked like my dad but he refused to let me stay with him.
He said he's moving to California with his new chick and start a life. A new life without me.

To admit it, I was hurt that I had to cry every time i found myself alone, I really prefer him to my mum because he got me what ever I wanted.

A rapid knock came on my door interrupting my thought.

"Morgana, our neighbor is here, they would like you to meet there daughter. you can be good friends." My mum said as soon as I open the door.

"I will meet them any other day but not today." I said.

"You really don't have to be like this..." My mother pleaded.

"We can start with you not calling me Morgana." I narrowed my eyes.

"I can't call you Edge." She shrugged her shoulder.

"Morgan isn't a bad idea."

"Okay,deal." She nodded.

"Right in a sec." I said and closed the door, I quickly brushed my teeth and dressed up, then I dashed out and walk slowly down the stairs.

They where already seated  at the dinning and my mum serve the food. Its only an older man and a girl.

"This is my daughter Morgan and Morgan this is Mr Mark and Clara" My mum did the introduction while I took a seat opposite there petite daughter that has a short red hair,green eyes and round lips. Am slightly impressed.

"You would have meet her brother Matt but he went to school early today and my wife is a veterinarian and had a urgent call this morning." Mr Mark said almost like an apology.

"What about you, are you a baby sitter because I believe is almost eight." I said after my mum left.

"Well am off today, am a fire fighter." Mr Mark said calmly.

"Cool, nice to meet you Mr Mark and Clara." I said and stood up abruptly.

"Are you not coming?" Clara asked. "My dad will be glad to drop us at school." She glance at me hopefully.

"That will be another time." I smiled.

"Why?" Clara asked.

"Because right now I have to figure out about tomorrow." I said and turn walking up to my room, I know my mum will be annoyed when she comes out of the kitchen and did not find me in the dinning.

She has warned me not to use bad language here even though I wanted to but I have to bit my lips to restrain them because of Mr Mack and i don't know how this town people are.

I quickly jump on my bed immediately I got to my room, I have to give Cassie a call.

*** If you are enjoying this story,don't forget to like, vote, comment and share.***