Chapter 20

Jeremy

"Baby" Susan said. "Am so sorry."

"Did she had a surgery or is she putting on a contact lens?" John asked stupidly, a confused expression on his face.

Edge stared at her mother then the monitor started beeping fast, the table next to her bed started shaking.

"Edge stop!" I shouted but she doesn't seems to hear me.

What if she can't hear you any more. I was so scared at the thought of it.

"Let me call the doctor." John said and dashed out of the room.

"Morgana." Susan said and backed away from her. "Huh...!" She shook in fright when the glass of water next to Edge bed on the table fell and broke and the light started blinking. The hall light too was blinking.

"Edge." I shouted.

"Why am I here?" Edge demanded. Her voice slightly deeper and held so much command in them.

"You collapsed when I was talking to you." Susan explained and moved closer to Edge.

I could hear footsteps and I was glad when it turned out to be John and a doctor. The got to the door and John turned the knob but it didn't open. He tried again. It seems like the door is jammed.

"Let me try." The doctor said and tried to open the door but it seems lock. "Mrs Williams, can you help with the door." The doctor called out to Susan.

"Susan open the door.." John shouted knocking hard on the door.

"What's with the electricity." The doctor shook his head with a blank expression.

"Am coming." Susan quickly covered the space between her and the door. I couldn't see her because of the wall but I could see the knob turn but the door didn't burg.

"Susan....." John shouted.

"It wouldn't open." Susan shouted.

"Take me home." Edge said, her eyes not leaving Susan.

"Honey the door wouldn't open." Susan explained.

"I have to check on this electricity. I hope the patients are alright." The doctor said. "Thank goodness there's no surgery going on."

"Okay doc." John turn to the door. "Susan we are going to get someone to open the door okay." John shouted.

"Okay." Susan replied.

John and the doctor didn't waste any more time before they dashed out of the hall.

"Edge." I raked my hand through my hair in frustration.

Susan walked slowly to her bed side. "Is it you?" Her voice dropped suddenly low that I had to strain my ears to listen. "Being a witch..."

Susan wasn't able to finish her statement when the bub suddenly burst making a pop sound and I could see Susan shaking in fright.

"Don't call me that." Edge snapped.

"Please...." Susan begged. "You have to accept who you are."

"Really.." Edge smiled then the monitor stopped beeping.

I felt so useless when I noticed a woman running through the hall, she stopped at Edge's door and said something I don't understand then the door burst open.

The woman quickly ran in and held Edge's forehead. "Se.. hi man...... juis...." She repeated a few times. I couldn't see Edge's face but I could tell her eyes became normal.