Chapter 8

Edge

I walked slowly, its been two days since have seen Jeremy last. I know he didn't want to show up cause he thought I don't want to see him.

After getting home that day I learnt he's telling the truth, I played music on my iPad and danced really hard after that I spent almost thirty minute in the shower.

I didn't allow anybody to walk with me because I was hoping Jeremy could show up.

Jeremy where are you.

"Jeremy." I said softly hoping he would hear me and show up. I don't mind talking to a ghost.

I kicked a stone and looked up only to see a sight familiar figure standing in front of the next house.

Jeremy.

I walked briskly to the house and he turned, his face impassive, I moved closer to him and almost jump out of my skin when the door burst open to reveal Emily.

"Hi Edge, come in." Emily invited me in.

I turned to only see Jeremy uprooted to his spot.

"Thank you." I smiled when Emily handed me a cup of coffee and I took a sit on the couch.

"We didn't get to talk much the last time, where do you come from."

"Newyork."

"Oh that's great, I have always wanted to go to the city or out of the country maybe Paris." Her eyes widen and I noticed a black bag under her eyes.

"Me too but I prefer Canada." I sipped my coffee.

"My brother always wanted to go to England." There's a trace of sadness in her voice.

"Am sorry."

"You heard about him?" She asked softly.

I nodded. "Its a small town isn't it."

"Sure it is." Emily said. "You should meet Tina she's my best friend, she's coming this evening."

"I would have love to come by then but I have some things to do." I said and empty the cup.

"There will always be another time."

"Sure, I have to go."

"Sure." Emily walked me to the door and I waved at her heading my own way.

I looked around for Jeremy but he's no where in sight.

Shit.

Then I saw him walking on the lane far ahead, the opposite direction to my house, I had to run to catch up with him hoping people that are walking by wouldn't notice.

"Am sorry, I shouldn't have mingle with your life." Jeremy apologized but I couldn't help but notice how his dimples pop out when he talks.

"Why?" I can't help asking.

"I don't want you to look insane." He admitted.

I nodded in agreement. "Heard you got hit by a truck."

"Yes, don't see me as a bad driver, I don't think is an accident seems someone wanted me dead and they have succeeded." He said painfully.

"Why do you think like that?"

"Because the brake was fine this afternoon, its a Ferrari and they don't develop fault like that." He shrugged. "Things just don't happen like that."

"I don't really know much about cars, I know how to drive but I don't have a car yet." I said. "So you think you are murdered....."

"Edge..." Someone called behind me cutting me short, I turned to see Todd walking towards me.