The Concert

N/A: Self harm references are mentioned in this chapter.

Please read with caution.

Chapter 7

Song: Lullabies by All Time Low

(Helena Syrus / First Person)

Lights haloed around the crowd as they sang their hearts out on stage. People in front of me were screaming at the top of their lungs for the members, with their little cardboard signs in the air, praising their love and devotion.

I need at least that cardboard can hold up right.

The crash and bang of the instruments rang through my veins. My heart was beating faster with excitement.

I am here.

Is this a dream?

A grin is all I could do right now. It has been a long time that I felt happiness. All Time Low were made up of 4 people. Three people at the front of the stage, holding guitars and one at the back playing the drums.
The man in the middle I couldn't keep my eyes of him. With this short brown hair, piercing brown eyes and such a talented singer. You had on your right a slender man with jet black hair with blonde strip racing through his fringe, mocking playfully with the audience.

" Alright everyone where gonna slow things down now"

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The lights dimmed to where a beacon of light pointed at the singer.

" Ok I wanted to dedicate this song to my brother....this song is called lullabies"

Two people came onto the stage placing a stool near singer and swapping his guitar with an acoustic.
All eyes were on him.

Sadness flashed across his eyes when he mentioned his brother. That pain he must be feeling would be the same of myself losing my mum. She's always in my mind. Everything single day I think about her. The things I would tell here.

My journey so far.

"Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye

it could be for the last time and it's not right.

Don't let yourself get in over your head, he said.

Alone and far from home we'll find you"

The melodic voice brushed against my ears as tears began to roll down my face. The painful memories of my mum flashed. Our walks through Green Park, trying out new markets in Brixton and lastly my mum tucking me to bed, kissing my forehead.

Interrupting my thoughts, my eyes locked onto the singer. His soft eyes staring at me with such sorrow. Such emotion his eyes painted. Strumming his guitar his broke his glazed and closed his eyes, pressing his lips close to the microphone.

Sing.

"Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams,

waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."

Sing me to sleep.

Sing me to sleep.

Sing me to sleep.

Sing me to s...

Sing me to sleep (You've taken so much with you...)

I'll see you in my dreams, (But left the worst with me...),