Goodbye Mother

Song: Twin Channel by Modern Merchant

*Beep Beep Beep*

6am.

Stupid alarm clock.

Work time.

Rolling on the bed, I consider the possibility of not going to work but then again, no money, no rent to pay.

Mothers illness is killing her more everyday.

I can't let her work when she's in this state, she's counting on me to bring the money home . Do wish I had a lot of money so I can buy anything I want for my mother but highly unlikely it will happen.

Ugh!

Removing the stained grey blanket of me, I stood up and a wave of nausea smack me straight away but it doesn't stop me to go and get ready. I carried on walking to the small broken green wardrobe, picked the first thing that I could find.

My black ripped skinny jeans.

Mother bought me them when we had a little bit of extra money for ourselves. She knew I wanted a pair of skinny jeans because Where I work, privileged girls loved to show off their expensive taste of clothing.

Damn those girls.

My mother saved up all the for them and surprised me with the jeans for my 18th birthday.

£20 is so expensive to save up.

Putting on my baggy colourless shirt, I searched around my room to find my socks but with no luck they were no where to be found. Guess I have to wear no socks again.

Typical.

I  tip toed towards my mothers bedroom to make sure if she was any better and if her firey fever had started to cool down. Darkness roamed around my mothers bedroom as she was lying in bed so peacefully.

"Hope your having sweet dreams mum. sleep tight and dream away" I whisper softly in her petite ears.

Wait.

why does she feel so cold?

Her whole body feels cold.

"Mum?"

No responds or movement from her.

Why isn't she moving?

Why isn't she waking up?

"Wake up Mum"

"MUM!"

I tried to shout her name one last time but I felt my throat swell up, leaving me breathless. Tears began to stream down my face.

No.

Not my mum.

Not the person I look up too.

Not my best friend.

Quickly running to front door, I rushed next door and banged the door so hard that my knuckles started to bleed.

"Hello? Anyone there!? HELP ME!"

I could hear the door unlock and-

"IT'S BLOODY 6AM IN THE MORNING HELENA! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!!!!"

My next door neighbour,

Craig.

"Please you have to help me" I pleaded

"What do you want?" He hissed

" I think my mum is d-dead.P lease call the ambulance or something please!" Begging down on my knees.

Why is this happening...