A Bed For One

Song: After Dark by Mr Kitty

(Helena Syrus / First Person)

"Hailey, go and get some of your clothes for Helena, something comfortable for her" Sammy instructed.

Within seconds, Hailey was out of the room.

I sat on the edge of the bed, mesmerised by the blue bed with the sheets made of silk. The grey walls around the room complemented the colour scheme of the furniture, even to the en-suite bathroom.

How fancy.

The view of London glided itself to this room. Heaven opened up it's gates once again onto the city. Buses running through puddles, People walking along with their umbrellas up in the sky and people running inside buildings for protection. What odd weather London has. Sammy closed the door and placed herself on the bed signalling myself to join her.

"Helena, I'm going to need you to take off your jumper and lie down. If thats okay? " Sammy asked.

I hesitated.

I didn't want this girl to see what I did to my body. She's still a stranger to me after all. I felt a hand on my lap.

"Hey it's okay. I'm not here to judge you at all, I want to help you and heal your wounds." Sammy cooed.

As instructed I gently removed the black jumper, hoping not to hurt myself during the process. Sammy helped me with each sleeve, making sure they wouldn't touch my wounds. Once it was off I was exposed. Sammy can now see my wounds, the world could see my wounds. I waited for Sammy to scream or move away in disgust but no sound came out of her mouth. Sammy placed the pillow where my head would land as went to lay down, she quickly ran into the bathroom with a bowl in her hand. Few minutes later, Sammy was next to me with a bowl of steaming hot water and a little grey cloth swimming around the bowl.

I braced for the impact and shut my eyes tight till I felt a stinging sensation on my arms. Pain escaped my lips.

"So sorry! I'll be more careful." Sammy apologised.

The pain increased from my arms all the way to my stomach to the point tears began to pour down my face. I wanted to tell her to stop but I couldn't speak.

"I'm almost done hun. I'm so sorry."

Sammy made herself over towards my stomach area, pressing the hot cloth on my bruises from tonight. She continued to apologise as I gasped in pain. Damn, Stephenie threw some good punches in. Sammy announced that she was all finished up with me so I picked myself up from the bed and walk straight into the bathroom. The clear reflection showed a young girl with jet black hair with bloodshot eyes. Her eyes traced all the way down to her body. The white bandages wrapped themselves around her left shoulder all the way down to her stomach. The thing she couldn't take her eyes off were the bandages on her wrist. The thick walls of white protected the damaged.

I can't believe that's me.

A light tapping startled my train of thoughts. Hailey popped her head through the door.

"Can I come in?"

I nodded.

Hailey stepped inside the bathroom, holding a black shirt with matching bottoms to go with it. I thanked Hailey for the clothing and walked back out leaving me some privacy to get changed. I quickly splashed some cold water onto my face before dressing into my new clothing. I didn't have a great selection back when I was living with my mum but I knew I had to be grateful with what I had.

I stepped back into the bedroom with Sammy and Hailey in mid conversation till they both turned their heads to face me.

"How you feeling?" Sammy asked.

"Fine." I lied.

To tell you the truth I didn't know how I was feeling. I was just so overwhelmed my mind couldn't process what just happened in the space of twenty four hours. One minute I'm stuck in my little cardboard and now I'm with celebrities. I couldn't tell if I wanted to cry with sadness or scream with joy.

"Try and get some sleep, it will do you good. If you need anything we're across the hall." Hailey smiled.

I nodded.

Ah yes sleep that would be good for me.

Sammy hugged me, barely having her arms wrapped around my body.

"Everything is going to be okay now. You're safe with us." Sammy whispered.

A tear streamed down my face.

"Thank you." I croaked

Safe.

I am safe.

"Tomorrow we'll take you shopping! We'll treat you like a king for the day!" Hailey gleamed.

Shopping?

With that both said their goodbyes closing the door behind them, leaving me in complete darkness. 

What a day.

Crawling into bed, my mind brought so much flashbacks from today that the more images I saw the more I cried uncontrollably.

The self harm.

The venue.

The concert.

The boys.

The fight.

My shirt.

My little cherish gift from Danny is all gone. The one thing that gave me hope, faith and trust just disappeared in one night. I am safe but for how long? With my eyelids feeling so heavy, I stopped fighting and gave in to sleep.

This day is over.