Chapter Forty

After this there is just the epilogue to go!

AH! 

I don't want this to end! It's been so much fun interacting with all of you! You're all amazing and I couldn't ask for better readers!

I may have mentioned this, but I posted the first chapter to a new book, and I'd really appreciate it if you checked it out and gave me some feedback. If you don't like it I'll try something else :)

----

Chapter Forty

“Do you reckon it’ll say your name or Lucas’ first?”

I took a sip of my lemonade and put it down on the table next to my chair. Placing my hands on my five month pregnant stomach, I grinned.

“I don’t know...”

“It’s going to be the most spoilt child in the world.”

I laughed and closed my eyes, letting the sun warm my face.

Bailey and Cassidy kept chatting beside me, but I zoned out, thinking about the past four months and everything that had happened.

It had been crazy at first. I was stuck in the hospital for weeks and weeks until they finally let me out. But even then I couldn’t walk due to the spinal injuries. Getting me into the car was a mission alone, and involved a lot of swearing on Lucas’ part and tears on mine.

Two months after the accident I was given the all clear and visited the school. We had a long chat and decided that I’d go in two days a week, have a tutor come over one day a week and do the rest by correspondence. With my injuries and pregnancy, going to school full time would have been hard, but everyone was so understanding and it all worked out perfectly.

Telling everyone about the baby was freaking scary. I thought they’d all call me a slut and kick me out, but almost everyone cried tears of happiness. Turns out that young pregnancies are common and even anticipated in the wolf world! Who would have thought?!

My parents, on the other hand... Well I called them from the hospital and told them everything, leaving out quite a lot as I’m sure you can imagine...But I told them about the baby and was met with silence. They hung up on me! I got an email a few days later saying that they didn’t want anything to do with the baby or me. Honestly, I was sad, but I had a family. The pack would make up for my parents and my baby’s missing grandparents. We were all better off without them.

And Lucas. Well there’s not much I can say about him, except through everything our love strengthened (if that is even possible) and we are so excited about being parents. Pretty terrified, but with so much help on offer it’s hard to worry.

Speak of the devil! I heard the gravel of Lucas’ car pull into the driveway and a smile stretched across my lips. I kept my eyes closed and waiting for him.

I giggled as him lips brushed gently on mine. My eyes flew open and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Hi,” I whispered. He sat on the seat next to me and grinned.

“Hello you two.” Unwravelling himself from my arms, he leant over and pulled up my t-shirt, kissing my belly. I grinned and pulled his head up to mine.

“I missed you.”

And with that, I showed him just how much I had missed him.