Chapter Twenty Two

And for you amazing readers...I give you chapter 22!! 

High five for frequent updates!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took in Lucas’ face, so open and honest and trusting. There was not even a seconds hesitation for what my answer would be.

It was yes, beyond yes.

Without a doubt.

There was nothing I was more sure of in my entire life than being Lucas’ girlfriend.

But that didn’t wipe away my love of teasing him.

I screwed up my face and pulled back slightly. “Are you serious?”

His face dropped and his eyes looked confused. “I just...I thought...”

“Well you thought wrong.”

He opened and closed his mouth like a fish, unable to process what I had just said.

I couldn’t help it. I burst out laughing. “Oh my gosh Lucas you’re adorable! Of course I’ll be your girlfriend! I don’t know why you even had to ask!”

And just like that his face regained its joy again. “Really?!” He grinned.

“Yes!” I laughed and let the warmth of the title seep into my body.

I was there with my boyfriend.

He was my boyfriend.

Mine!

I was so unbelievably happy that I wanted to jump and dance and sing. But mostly I wanted to make out with Lucas. Well, as his girlfriend I was allowed to whenever I wanted!

So make out with him I did.

When we had finished and my lips were swollen and sore, he looked me right in the eye. “Are you sure?”

“How much more proof do you need?! I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life!” I laughed.

He smiled a huge, dazzling smile at me and picked me up, whirling me around the room.

“God you’re so amazing Charlotte!”

I squealed and regained my balance as he put me down on my feet. “Stop it you!”

“Do you know what we need to do to celebrate?”

“What?”

I grinned evilly. “Chocolate ice cream!!!”

There was none in the fridge, so we jumped in the car and drove to a cute little parlour. When we ordered, Lucas drove to a hill looking over the beautiful lights of the town.

“Hey Lucas?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

He cocked his head. “What for?”

“Finding me. Being you. Kidnapping me. Everything I guess. If I had continued on from that diner, I don’t even know who I would be right now. It feels as if I was a completely different person a month ago. A person I did not like, at all. I was cold, empty and untrusting. But I guess you being around changed that, so thanks.” I fell silent, and licked my ice cream.

Lucas didn’t speak for a moment. “I should be the one thanking you! Lets just say I wasn’t the most relaxed of guys, and leading everyone was proving to be hard when I was so...alone. But they I saw you and bam everything is better.”

We smiled at each other. “I guess we balance then right? I help you, you help me!” I laughed slightly.

“Sure do love, sure do.”

We ate in silence for the rest of the time, Lucas’ hand in mine being the only connection we needed. Strange how things happen. Like fate. I used to not believe in fate. But it was growing on me, showing its face every day that Lucas was around. I guess I owed a lot to that little guy, that secret Fate. Not that I would ever let anyone know I believed in something so commercial as fate. But I couldn’t help it, not when it was staring me right in the face.