Chapter Thriteen

Oh and I've moved up to #775! Woo thank's guys! That's out of like 7000 stories, so I'm not even complaing! This is awesome!

Anyways, enjoy! ;)

P.S - Brace yourself!!! 

For the rest of the day, I left Lucas’ side once to get dressed. We watched three movies, baked a cake and played a game of monopoly. I mean, what the hell?! My one sided argument ‘but he’s my kidnapper’ was getting boring and wearing thin, and to be honest I had no idea what I was even doing anymore. But I decided that whatever happens, happens, and to stop being so serious and over analyzing everything for one day.

And it worked. I had an awesome time.

That night was a Friday, so most of the guys decided to get dinner out. Lucas didn’t feel like leaving, and I’m pretty sure I wasn’t even allowed out of the house so I was stuck there too.  

We were sprawled on the sofa, me reading a book and him watching a movie on TV. It was getting increasingly hard to ignore the vicious sounds my stomach was making. Did anyone else ever get hungry or was it just me?!

Lucas turned to me and smirked. “Hungry?”

“When am I not?” I laughed.

“Touche. Come on, we’ll grab some food,” he said, offering me his hand. I grabbed it without hesitation and he pulled me up and towards the kitchen, not letting go.

“Okay...what do you feel like?” I thought about that for a moment.

“Anything! You decide,” I grinned challengingly. He raised an eyebrow and turned to the fridge, pulling out various ingredients.

He began slicing some chicken, so I grabbed a knife and opened the bag of carrots.

“No way Charlotte.”

“Wha-“ But I was cut off by Lucas putting his hands on either side of my waist and hoisting me up onto the bench. He lifted me with ease, as if I was nothing but a sack of flour. I stared at him and he simply smiled and shruged, turning back to his chicken.

“I’m making dinner for you.”

I laughed and adjusted my butt on the bench. “What a gentleman.”

He bowed and brushed his shoulder. “Anything for you.”

I looked down at my hands to hide the smile on my face.

Sitting there watching him cook just changed something inside of me. I watched the air of confidence surrounding him, the way he moved with smooth, fluid movements. The slight smile that was constantly in the corner of him lips and the way his hair fell perfectly. I thought about how despite the whole kidnapping thing, he hadn’t done anything to hurt me. And the shocking realisation that I trusted him wholly hit me. I have already mentioned the connection I felt to him, the way everything was better around him, how I couldn’t sleep without him there and the effect he had on my body. I felt safe, and I knew that Lucas was something different, something special.

I liked Lucas. Like, like like.

My eyes widened as the truth that had been staring at me in the face since the day we met finally formed into a coherent thought.

As if sensing my sudden breakthrough, Lucas stopped cooking and moved slowly over to me. He stood between my legs, and despite me sitting on the bench he was still taller than me.

I forgot how to breathe as his fingers brushed the strands of hair out of my face. His fingers left a trail of electricity on my cheeks and for once in my life I knew what I wanted.

Him.

I leant in and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, resting my forehead against his. Now I knew what I wanted, nothing was going to stop me.

Looking right into his eyes, I almost melted. He looked at me, then looked at my lips, as if asking for permission. I nodded, but he still hesitated.

Rolling my eyes, I leant in and brushed my lips against his.

I have to pause just here, and get something clear. They say that the kiss with someone you truly care about is like fireworks exploding, with thousands of angels playing their harps in the background. Well in case you’ve never experienced it, then underexaggerated. A lot. Our first kiss was something I couldn’t even describe, in fear of not doing it justice. Let’s just say that I am glad I was sitting, as I think I would have collapsed if I had been on my feet.

Like all good things, our kiss came to an end. Being the normal human we were, we had to breathe. We rested foreheads again and, panting slightly, smiled at each other.

If I thought I felt happy before, this was a thousand times better. The missing part of me was there, in the form of Lucas.

He leant in again, and I braced myself for round two. However, taking a breath I smelt an acrid smell in the air. I pulled back, and Lucas looked crestfallen.

“What’s wrong?” He whispered, looking rejected.

“Can you smell that?” He sniffed and we turned to the stove, which happened to be on fire.

“Shit!” He yelled, turning off the element. I filled a cup full of water and threw it on the flame, dousing it completely. We stared at each other and burst into simultaneous laughter at the romantic turn of events.

I ended up lying on the floor clutching my stomach, with Lucas slumped against the wall next to me. Slowly regaining control of myself, I pushed myself up and scooted over to Lucas.

“Where were we?” I asked.

He grinned and pulled me close, knocking us back to the ground again. I closed my eyes and let instinct take over.