Chapter Fourteen

A strange feeling of déjàvu settled into my bones as I tossed and turned in my bed. Groaning in frustration, I rolled over to my side and squeezed my eyes shut tight.

After a quick goodbye that rated on the Awkward Richter Scale a ten, Lucas and I had disappeared into our separate bedrooms. Now, surprise surprise, I couldn’t sleep again.

Accepting the fact that whatever dignity I had intact was shredded away after a make out session on the floor, I swallowed my embarrassment and hauled myself out of bed. Oh, the things I do for you body.

I stood outside the door for a solid two minutes, debating on whether to knock or just walk in. I decided that the former would be best, as I did not want to see anything PG. Okay, maybe I did but you know...

My timid knock was answered with a deep ‘come in’, which I did.

Lucas was sitting on his bed, book in hand. I smiled, finding the fact that he was well educated and actually enjoyed reading highly attractive. There is nothing worse than someone who doesn’t read, in my opinion. That and the fact that I was very happy to see him. Long gone were the thoughts of hatred, there was no room for them in my brain among the mushy crap.

He put a bookmark in his book and placed it on the bedside table. “32 minutes. Impressive,” he smirked, his eyes glistening.

I ran to the bed and jumped energetically next to him. “Shut up you ass and move over.” I shoved until he scooted his butt to make room for me.

“Now now, that’s no way to talk to your kidnapper!” He teased.

I rolled my eyes and whacked his arm.

“You are so violent! I should file a case!”

I grinned slyly and whispered in his ear. “Do your worst.” He laughed and grabbed my waist, pulling me next to him.

Ah, the increasingly familiar feeling of happiness! How did I even use to sleep before Lucas?!

“Did I ever tell you that you smell really nice?” I said, my voice slightly muffled against his chest. A chuckled vibrated his body.

“Once or twice.”

I lifted my head up, surprised. “Really?”

“Yeah, but it’s okay. I like my women assertive.” I snorted and layed my head down again.

The lights were off and I pulled the covers around us, although I didn’t really need the extra warmth.

“Lucas?”

“Mmm?” He answered, half asleep.

“I’m sorry for being so horrible when you kid- um brought me here. I still don’t know why I’m here and it annoys me but I get that you can’t tell me so that’s okay. I just wanted you to hear that.”

He kissed the top of my head lightly. “That’s all I needed to hear. Sleep well love.”

And sleep well I did. 

So sorry this is so short, but there are big things coming next chapter to make up for it! 

Oh my gosh!!! This story has moved up to #527 on Werewolf list, and #733 on Humor!!!!!

Do you have any idea how exciting this is!!?!!!??!?!?!?!?! Thank you so much for all your support - I love you all!